Noordam accessible 6164 or 6175

LindaSSF

My husband is handicapped so we booked 6164 for a 14 day Alaska cruise. This evening, I got a notification that the room is now considered ambulatory accessible because the seat in the tub is not the correct height for transfers. It is not the typical roll in shower with seat for most accessible cabins, like we’ve had before. 

I’m concerned. 

Has anyone stayed in 6164 or 6175 that has bathroom pics they can share?

Edited by LindaSSF

• LindaSSF changed the title to Noordam accessible 6164 or 6175

Haljo, unfortunately Halfacts doesn’t have either cabin. Neither does YouTube as far as I can find. I think Noordam is the only ship that has this particular sideways aft suite with an “accessible” bathtub. 

ive sailed Noordam in an aft suite years ago, but long before an accessible site became necessary. 

13 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Have you called the Special Needs Department? I had similar concerns about a cabin one time and they called the ship and took pictures of the cabin. 

I tried a call to guest services yesterday evening and they closed before anyone picked up. Out PCC is away this week. 

I’ll try the Special Needs Dpt today. Thanks!

4 hours ago, LindaSSF said:

I tried a call to guest services yesterday evening and they closed before anyone picked up. Out PCC is away this week. 

I’ll try the Special Needs Dpt today. Thanks!

Or try the the PCC number and just hold to speak with whoever you get, rather than trying for your PCC. I've had better luck that way lately.

8 hours ago, LindaSSF said:

Haljo, unfortunately Halfacts doesn’t have either cabin. Neither does YouTube as far as I can find. I think Noordam is the only ship that has this particular sideways aft suite with an “accessible” bathtub. 

ive sailed Noordam in an aft suite years ago, but long before an accessible site became necessary. 

Halfacts has pics of 6164 on the Westerdam, same class of ship so should be the same? (No bathtub, only roll in shower.)

Edited by dobiemom

5 hours ago, dobiemom said:

Halfacts has pics of 6164 on the Westerdam, same class of ship so should be the same? (No bathtub, only roll in shower.)

Sadly, it is completely different. Noordam is the only ship HAL has that has this tub and seat configuration. 

A kind lady currently on Noordam and the passengers in 6164 kindly hot some pics of the bathroom for us today. they are submitting the pics to Halfacts. 

I’m shocked that the cabin could have ever been considered fully accessible. HAL has reclassified the cabin as ambulatory accessible as a result of concerns expressed by the current passengers. The handicapped member of their group is unable to independently transfer. 

The deep jacuzzi tub has a seat set across it and a few inches below the tub’s top edge. 

image.thumb.png.9601c82381f4a8cb5159d2fc9df51ec8.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1