Reykjavik: NCL has free shuttle from pier to town

fstuff1

I'm on the Dawn.

Was surprised to find out there's a free shuttle.

No mention of it on the Daily.

it stops at the Opera House, which is a couple of blocks from the Prime Minister's mansion.

Ā 

Side note:

There are no armed guards at the Prime Minister's mansion šŸ˜®

Ā 

Edited by fstuff1

9 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

I'm on the Dawn.

Was surprised to find out there's a free shuttle.

No mention of it on the Daily.

it stops at the Opera House, which is a couple of blocks from the Prime Minister's mansion.

Ā 

Side note:

There are no armed guards at the Prime Minister's mansion šŸ˜®

Ā 

Why would there be armed guards there?Ā  Iceland is one of the safest places in the world.

13 hours ago, Nitemare said:

Why would there be armed guards there?Ā  Iceland is one of the safest places in the world.

i live in the US where i'm used to every govt building having armed guards, not just the house of the Pres of the USA

Edited by fstuff1

6 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

i live in the US where i'm used to every govt building having armed guards, not just the house of the Pres of the USA

Thatā€™s the difference between a country with a gun culture and one without a gun culture,

Ā 

We can only dream of something like that here

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Ladybug18 said:

@fstuff1Ā Was the free shuttle provided by NCL? Which cruise terminal were you docked at? Iā€™ve read there are two in Reykjavik. Was there a schedule? Did you take it back to the ship?Ā 

we docked at skarf pier or something like that.

no idea who provided the shuttle. a city bus was used but there was a sign on the front window that it's a shuttle between pier and town.

yes, took it back to the ship. you board at same place you got off (in front of opera house)

Edited by fstuff1

Note:

Reykjavik was a stop in the middle of my cruise and not the last stop.

No idea if there's a free shuttle into town if Reykjavik is the debarkation port. (I doubt it. it'll probably be chaos and lack of space with all that luggage.)

@fstuff1Ā Thank you. That is the port we arrive at this July. We arrive on a Wednesday and are there all day and overnight into Thursday and disembark Thursday morning. I wonder if they will have something similar the day we arrive in Reykjavik for passengers to use??? Time will tell I guess. We have a tour until 3:30/4PM on Wednesday but were thinking we could head over to the city center after our tour.

Ā 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2023 at 5:26 AM, fstuff1 said:

Note:

Reykjavik was a stop in the middle of my cruise and not the last stop.

No idea if there's a free shuttle into town if Reykjavik is the debarkation port. (I doubt it. it'll probably be chaos and lack of space with all that luggage.)

We arrive July 26 and overnight to disembark the 27th to go to a hotel for 2 nights. I know the Hop On/Hop Off Bus stops at this pier but I am hoping we can use the free shuttle to get to town with our luggage the 2nd day. Would be great to know how late it goes too as we want to go out for drinks on the 26th after dinner.

13 minutes ago, SakeDad said:

We arrive July 26 and overnight to disembark the 27th to go to a hotel for 2 nights. I know the Hop On/Hop Off Bus stops at this pier but I am hoping we can use the free shuttle to get to town with our luggage the 2nd day. Would be great to know how late it goes too as we want to go out for drinks on the 26th after dinner.

we were overnight as well. we left at 6am. (Why an overnight with useless 6am departure, i have no idea)

the free shuttle on the 1st day ended at 9pm.

dont know if that's leaving port or picking up from Oper house. (I got on at 6pm from Opera house)

Ā 

dont know about 2nd day but i doubt it

Edited by fstuff1