Deals to Book Next Cruise While Onboard?

beth1299

I am cruising next week on Carnival with a  girls group. I have a cruise picked out for July on Carnival with 2 of my sons but have not yet booked it. Does anyone know if I might get a better price by booking my July cruise while I am on board next week? If they do extend a discount, do you know if it would only apply to my price, or all 3 of us? If it is better to book while onboard, at what point and where do you do this? Guest services, as soon as I board?

Thanks for any help.

Log into your account on the Carnival website after you get back from your cruise, sometimes they have 'recent cruiser' deals.  From what I've seen those deals apply to just a limited sampling of cruises.  And if you do end up booking a cruise on that promotion the rate would apply to anyone in your cabin.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, beth1299 said:

I am cruising next week on Carnival with a  girls group. I have a cruise picked out for July on Carnival with 2 of my sons but have not yet booked it. Does anyone know if I might get a better price by booking my July cruise while I am on board next week? If they do extend a discount, do you know if it would only apply to my price, or all 3 of us? If it is better to book while onboard, at what point and where do you do this? Guest services, as soon as I board?

Thanks for any help.

There is no "Future Cruise Desk" onboard anymore.  

• Like 1

After we got off of the Dream in December, there was an added offer under our deals when we logged into carnival's website that was supposed to incentivize us to book another- I think it came with reduced deposit and some OBC as well as a very slight "discount".  It had it's own rate code.

6 hours ago, mdsgu said:

It's not worth wasting your time to book onboard.  Anything they offer onboard should be available to you for at least 2 weeks after your return.

They can't waste their time on board. Carnival stopped the cruise desk years ago.

• Like 1

Even back when they had the book on board desk, I found it difficult to talk to anyone because they had limited hours, and even when they were open there was usually a line.  It wasn’t worth it to me to wait in line when I could  just book on the internet or call my PVP when I got home.

15 minutes ago, bowlinmoe said:

I’m surprised they stopped the cruise desk on Carnival. I would have thought it would be a great way for them to sell a ton of cruises.

They don't have a hard time filling the ships, maybe if they did they might do something like that again.  For a number of years (excluding Covid) every ship I have sailed on has been at capacity.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, bowlinmoe said:

I’m surprised they stopped the cruise desk on Carnival. I would have thought it would be a great way for them to sell a ton of cruises.

I was surprised they did it at the time. The future sales desk and the future cruise presentation was always busy. But I guess they're happy with the replacement.