Bath and/or shower, or shower over bath?

FangedRose

Being somewhat lacking in stature I much prefer shower only bathing arrangements. 

I am a P&O refugee (after many years of being a fan), and it was always possible to determine which cabins were shower only from the deck plans on their website. But, I'm having trouble getting this information from Saga website. Are all cabins shower, or bath or both?

Thanks

All cabins have a shower, but there are a few De Luxe cabins which have a bath with shower over, rather than a separate shower. These are: Twin Deluxe cabins A020, A521; B022, B521; C037, C536; D525; E024, E523. Single Deluxe D026. (I hope I haven't missed any!) All the other cabins will have a separate shower, and the Suites have a bath plus a separate shower.

These are marked on the printed Deck Plan, and I'm sure Saga would be happy to send you a copy of this plan if you request it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vivaldi said:

All cabins have a shower, but there are a few De Luxe cabins which have a bath with shower over, rather than a separate shower. These are: Twin Deluxe cabins A020, A521; B022, B521; C037, C536; D525; E024, E523. Single Deluxe D026. (I hope I haven't missed any!) All the other cabins will have a separate shower, and the Suites have a bath plus a separate shower.

These are marked on the printed Deck Plan, and I'm sure Saga would be happy to send you a copy of this plan if you request it.

Thanks.

44 minutes ago, Vivaldi said:

On the printed deck plan cabins with "bath with shower over" are shown for Spirit of Adventure but not for Spirit of Discovery. Is the later an omission, or are there no bathrooms with this configuration on SofD?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Vivaldi said:

Didn't know that and must remember if I can ever afford a deluxe cabin 😀 as a shower is an essential for us also.

14 minutes ago, Denarius said:

On the printed deck plan cabins with "bath with shower over" are shown for Spirit of Adventure but not for Spirit of Discovery. Is the later an omission, or are there no bathrooms with this configuration on SofD?

Good question. I can't see any reference on the Saga website to cabins with shower over a bath in the cabin details or on the deck plans on the website. Perhaps it is just SofA, very strange.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, david05 said:

Good question. I can't see any reference on the Saga website to cabins with shower over a bath in the cabin details or on the deck plans on the website. Perhaps it is just SofA, very strange.

Only SofA has the Deluxe cabins with a bath and shower over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Denarius said:

I hadn't spotted this - I just assumed that both ships were the same, so apologies if anyone gets misled by my last post. Many thanks for pointing it out.

The online deck plans are very basic, and the printed ones are much better, both for showing the shower/bath arrangements and for indicating which cabins have interconnecting doors to the adjacent cabin: there are a few of these, and some people might prefer to have a cabin which doesn't have a door to their neighbour's cabin. Or the opposite, of course.

If any of these points is a matter of concern to anyone, then I would suggest they contact Saga and get them to send a copy of the printed deck plan.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Vivaldi said:

The online deck plans are very basic, and the printed ones are much better, both for showing the shower/bath arrangements and for indicating which cabins have interconnecting doors to the adjacent cabin: there are a few of these, and some people might prefer to have a cabin which doesn't have a door to their neighbour's cabin. Or the opposite, of course.

Many thanks for posting this information.  It made me look at the deck plan in the brochure and I've discovered that we are in an interconnecting cabin which we would prefer not to be so I shall ring Saga to see if I can change it.  Needless to say this wasn't mentioned at the time of booking.

1 minute ago, Medeba said:

Many thanks for posting this information.  It made me look at the deck plan in the brochure and I've discovered that we are in an interconnecting cabin which we would prefer not to be so I shall ring Saga to see if I can change it.  Needless to say this wasn't mentioned at the time of booking.

We have had an interconnected cabin and noticed no difference with regard to eg sound proofing. So if you can't change it hopefully you will be OK. We did make sure the door was locked on our side!

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, david05 said:

We have had an interconnected cabin and noticed no difference with regard to eg sound proofing. So if you can't change it hopefully you will be OK. We did make sure the door was locked on our side!

Thanks for the reassurance.  Given that our cruise departs on Saturday, I suspect we will end up with our allocated cabin (with locked interconnecting door!) but I'll still ask.  Don't want to end up in a location we're unhappy with.  As it's a special anniversary cruise, I just want everything to be perfect but life's not like that, is it?  I'll definitely check the brochure deck plans in the future before making a booking.  Luckily our 2024 cruise cabin is fine.

8 hours ago, Medeba said:

Interconnecting cabins are quite clearly marked on the deck plans in brochures

16 hours ago, david05 said:

I had to settle for an interconnecting cabin for my upcoming b2b cruises on SoA because there were no other standard solos that were available for both cruises -- and I didn't want to have to change cabins. I have been told that noise is not a problem. Figure I might put a rolled up bath towel along the bottom of the door if I need to.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, beaujolais said:

Interconnecting cabins are quite clearly marked on the deck plans in brochures

Yes they are but the interconnecting cabins are not shown on the website deck plans which I have used to make bookings.  I have learnt a valuable lesson and I thank @Vivaldi for posting that information. 

On SOD all suites have a separate bath and shower. Beware though the baths are very deep with only a grab rail high up behind you when you sit in the Bath. We had difficulty getting out of the bath. On SOA suites have a bath and shower but we don’t know the depth of the bath or where the grab rail is. Some deluxe cabins on SOA only have a bath and shower combined. The bath is not as deep as the ones on the SOD so no trouble getting out of it. All standard cabins have a stand alone shower but no baths. Full details are all on the deck plans. Check the legend symbols.

3 minutes ago, Kenmure said:

On SOD all suites have a separate bath and shower. Beware though the baths are very deep with only a grab rail high up behind you when you sit in the Bath. We had difficulty getting out of the bath. On SOA suites have a bath and shower but we don’t know the depth of the bath or where the grab rail is. Some deluxe cabins on SOA only have a bath and shower combined. The bath is not as deep as the ones on the SOD so no trouble getting out of it. All standard cabins have a stand alone shower but no baths. Full details are all on the deck plans. Check the legend symbols.

Went through a dummy booking online. The deck plans in this process do not have symbols or a legend. Hence my query. I have since found deck plans on the site, but those are not the ones you see when booking online.

Baths are  deep,  also have one big problem,  no handles, where you need to get out.

tap is right in middle which might encourage people to use it as handle. I also like to get in bath and then fine tune temperature. Can't do this as water comes out right on delicate bits

• Haha 1