Films on Britannia

Al_W

I’d be interested in this too, on the assumption that Britannia offers a reasonable choice of films. Have to say that on 14 day Azura and Ventura cruises our expectations were quickly dashed - there was very little screened at all. The television is not a sufficient substitute.

6 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

on the assumption that Britannia offers a reasonable choice of films.

I don't know what it is like currently but last year there were some fairly recent releases being shown in the cinema and there was plenty of VOD on the TV

25 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I’d be interested in this too, on the assumption that Britannia offers a reasonable choice of films. Have to say that on 14 day Azura and Ventura cruises our expectations were quickly dashed - there was very little screened at all. The television is not a sufficient substitute.

On Azura and Britannia there was a whole TV channel showing Shawn the sheep programs.  As I have seen them all, we sat on the Balcony in the sunshine instead.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Al_W said:

Thanks all, not planning on sitting in watching films on tv in the room but was wondering if there is anything recent showing in the cinema. 

Exactly my thoughts. This was the problem on Azura and Ventura - almost all of the films available were only available on the tiny little room televisions. In earlier years there was more use of the cinema, with current releases.

I’m assuming the larger ships offer current releases in the cinema?

1 hour ago, Al_W said:

Thanks all, not planning on sitting in watching films on tv in the room but was wondering if there is anything recent showing in the cinema. 

There will likely be that film with Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio, erm can't quite recall the name😉

• Haha 4

59 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Exactly my thoughts. This was the problem on Azura and Ventura - almost all of the films available were only available on the tiny little room televisions. In earlier years there was more use of the cinema, with current releases.

I’m assuming the larger ships offer current releases in the cinema?

Harry,

On Ventura they show films in the Tamarind lounge generally in the afternoon. However we have been on her on long cruises (35 nights) so more chance of films being shown. 

• Like 1