Number of Drinks Incorrect

Our experience in the DL and MDR is that they take your card the first night but after that they mostly just ask for cabin #.  Occasionally, they bring receipt to sign.  This has been going on since they instituted the receipt thing last year, but it's very inconsistent.  Other locations where they don't know us, they always ask for our card.  

• Like 1

The issue we had with Diamond drinks and the MDR was apparently they weren't putting the drink charge through right away, and they weren't always getting it right with whose vouchers they used (mine or my spouse's). I can understand that--middle of service and you're busy. But the problem was, one evening after dinner, I went to get a pre-show drink at the theatre bar and was offered a double, using two vouchers. I said sure, because I knew I had two left. The next day when I checked the app, I had a single drink charge. Turns out the MDR server had charged my card at dinner, so I really only had one voucher left when I got the double, but their charge didn't show up until after the bartender in the theatre put my double on.

In the end, with a lot of looking things up and explanation, guest services fixed it, since the MDR drink was supposed to have been on my spouse's card. After that, I made sure to be specific about whose voucher I was using for my wine at dinner, or got it beforehand on the way in.

• Like 1

Question about the 4 free drinks we get this upcoming cruise. Hubby said he doesn't want to use the 4 freebies on beers. Does he tell the bartender he's paying for his beer and doesn't want it rang up as one of the 4 free drinks?

Just now, jencruzin said:

Question about the 4 free drinks we get this upcoming cruise. Hubby said he doesn't want to use the 4 freebies on beers. Does he tell the bartender he's paying for his beer and doesn't want it rang up as one of the 4 free drinks?

Yes, tell them not to use a voucher when he places the order. I always specify either way instead of leaving it up to staff whether to use a voucher or not. I don't like unwanted surprises.

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, tell them not to use a voucher when he places the order. I always specify either way instead of leaving it up to staff whether to use a voucher or not. I don't like unwanted surprises.

Thanks for letting me know!

• Like 1