Future Cruise Consultant

weedpindle

19 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

This is news to me... Curious as to the source as @Steelers36 asks.  I just got an email from the CVP that has been assigned to us for several years now.  Her signature shows Princess.

Future Cruise Consultant, not CVP.

20 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

This is news to me... Curious as to the source as @Steelers36 asks.  I just got an email from the CVP that has been assigned to us for several years now.  Her signature shows Princess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, memoak said:

Future cruise offices are Princess employees. My CVP sometimes gets called on to help out on some cruises 

Not since sometime in November. The Future Cruise people on the ships now work for a company that is not part of Carnival Corp.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Well, she has it signed as Cruise Vacation Planner, so I will be referring to her as "CVP".

Referring to the people on the ships.The FCC people, on the ships.Not the CVP, on land who you call, or call you.

8 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

Is this why there are so many Future Cruise Consultants onboard now?  I noticed the ramp up in January of 2023.  Just got off the Sky and Royal and there are 4 Future Cruise Consultants onboard.

At least 4 on the ships, possibly up to 6

I heard the Lady Future Cruise Consultant on Sapphire Princess was rude to some of our fellow cruisers. 

We were waiting to confirm how many FCDs we had. A gentleman consultant saw us waiting and enquired what we wanted. I explained..he checked with lady who said neither of us had any. Later that day someone phoned the cabin and said we had two each.

Does not inspire confidence !

11 hours ago, weedpindle said:

Not since sometime in November. The Future Cruise people on the ships now work for a company that is not part of Carnival Corp.

That was when they went from 1 person to 4 or 5 on Royal class ships.

3 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

I heard the Lady Future Cruise Consultant on Sapphire Princess was rude to some of our fellow cruisers. 

We were waiting to confirm how many FCDs we had. A gentleman consultant saw us waiting and enquired what we wanted. I explained..he checked with lady who said neither of us had any. Later that day someone phoned the cabin and said we had two each.

Sounds like the one on the Grand last year. Rude and incompetent. Charged our card for four FCDs, refused to print them and send to our cabin. Discovered at home (no internet for email) only three were booked. Princess fixed it.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1

I have a question about FCD.  Can it be applied to an existing booking for which full payment is not yet due? 

I have an upcoming cruise in July.  I am thinking about booking another for December.  Can I put a deposit down on rooms now, buy the FCD on board in July, then apply it to my December cruise in September when final payment is due?

1 hour ago, theloo said:

I have a question about FCD.  Can it be applied to an existing booking for which full payment is not yet due? 

I have an upcoming cruise in July.  I am thinking about booking another for December.  Can I put a deposit down on rooms now, buy the FCD on board in July, then apply it to my December cruise in September when final payment is due?

No   if you want the OBC from the FCD it must be applied at time of booking.

While you can apply an FCD to an existing booking you just get the value equal to what you purchased it for, with no OBC or reduced deposit.

5 minutes ago, ldtr said:

No   if you want the OBC from the FCD it must be applied at time of booking.

While you can apply an FCD to an existing booking you just get the value equal to what you purchased it for, with no OBC or reduced deposit.

Thanks.  Now I have to decide if it's worth the risk to wait to book.  (Probably not.)  If I wait until July, it would be worth $375.  

Next question: can I buy FCD in July and more in December and use them both on a single cruise in the future?