Skagway White Pass Railroad - food.

jkhage

We are a family of 4 sailing RCCL Quantum of the Seas to Alaska and are taking a 4hr 30 min. excursion on the White Pass Railroad and Yukon Suspension Bridge.  I do not believe they have food on the train and I think we take a bus back.   The excursion starts at 7:50am.  How does someone go about getting lunch or snacks when doing this excursion.  I don't think we are permitted to take food off the ship.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

5 hours ago, Aquahound said:

I've done the railroad a few times.  We just eat a hearty breakfast and grab a few snacks to take with us in our backpacks.  They do serve water on the train.  

I agree ... unless it specifically states a meal or break for snacks, I bring something along.  It's miserable trying to sightsee from a 'luxury motor coach' when you're hungry!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dfilpus said:

Some White Pass/Yukon train/bus excursions include lunch in Carcross, Yukon. We did bus up, lunch in Carcross, train down.

Was that on a cruise?  I've never seen any of the cruise excursions go all the way to Carcross.  That's great if it did because I love that little town.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Aquahound said:

Was that on a cruise?  I've never seen any of the cruise excursions go all the way to Carcross.  That's great if it did because I love that little town.  

If you take the Lake Bennett trip you get a nice box lunch to eat on the train.  If you are on a bus tour you stop at a tourist trap called caribou crossing.  Bbq chicken thigh, potato, cole slaw, and doughnuts for lunch, really high prices on drinks, a museum of stuffed animals, a sled dog demo, gold panning, and a gift shop.  I'm not a fan, but lots of people love it.

• Like 1