Booked Air with EZair and unable to get a seat assigned?

larrybritt

We booked our flights with EZair for Alaska Cruise and we have one stop going and returning. We are flying from Myrtle Beach to Vancouver and back from there.

We are flying out 7/1 and it's with United and we were able to get our seats assigned. Then the return flight on 7/15 is with Delta(Actually WestJet) for the first part to Atlanta and we are unable to get seats assigned. The error message says "Were Sorry. Seat selection for this flight is not currently available. Once the flight is booked, you can check back at a later time or call the airline directly to select seats" . I tried to call airline and got nowhere with Automated system, then called Princess and they said that the Airline has not released the seats available for them as of yet. Has anyone had this happen? They say to keep checking back and should be soon. I feel we will have seats, but sure would be nice to get them assigned.

Have you gone to the Delta website?  I was able to book seats through Delta, under My Trips, even though EZ Air still gives me the (unclickable) option.

Edited by CATGUY7
Capitalization
  • Like 1

Then the return flight on 7/15 is with Delta(Actually WestJet) for the first part to Atlanta and we are unable to get seats assigned.

You will need to go to WestJet website and enter WestJet reservation number.  Do not enter Delta reservation number. Your confirmation will have WestJet reservation number on it.

• Like 2

Some airlines require that reservation be ticketed before they will allow for seat assignment.  Ticketed means that EZAir has paid for the ticket and a ticket number has been generated.  EZAir, according to their terms, will ticket no more than 45 days prior to your flight departure date.  You'll know EZAir has ticketed your air reservation if there is a ticket number that populates when you open the Flights tab of your Cruise Personalizer.

It might also be the case where the fare bucket EZAir booked you will not allow for advanced seat selection.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, larrybritt said:

We booked our flights with EZair for Alaska Cruise and we have one stop going and returning. We are flying from Myrtle Beach to Vancouver and back from there.

We are flying out 7/1 and it's with United and we were able to get our seats assigned. Then the return flight on 7/15 is with Delta(Actually WestJet) for the first part to Atlanta and we are unable to get seats assigned. The error message says "Were Sorry. Seat selection for this flight is not currently available. Once the flight is booked, you can check back at a later time or call the airline directly to select seats" . I tried to call airline and got nowhere with Automated system, then called Princess and they said that the Airline has not released the seats available for them as of yet. Has anyone had this happen? They say to keep checking back and should be soon. I feel we will have seats, but sure would be nice to get them assigned.

Can’t get seats until flights are ‘ticketed’ I was told or about 30 days out.

however we also were on a code share with delta/ WJ out of Vancouver and therefore you get TWO booking numbers.

When I couldn’t book fromDelta site, I was able to book seats from WJ site using WJ booking number ( all letters no numbers like Delta's booking #)

• Like 1

I tried on the WestJet website under MyTrips as well and used the Confirmation number that is all letters and our last name and it was unable to find our trip. I guess maybe we will need to wait 45-30days out. I just found it odd as the 3 other flights with 2 with United and 1 with Delta we were able to get seat assignments. Issue appears to be with just WestJet.

@larrybritt  That's why I do not book Air Canada or West Jet when I have a choice.   Several times I had to wait until I was at the airport for seat assignments.  I prefer Delta Air Lines.  I never had problems with Delta over 20 years of using EZ Air.  John

• Like 2

We've done the same thing 4 times now,  using EZair and the Celebrity cruise equivalent, and had part of our flight segments through WestJet - there is a workaround, but it involves calling WestJet directly.

Because it's a Delta flight operated by WestJet, there's a weird glitch in their systems that don't allow the Delta locator numbers to work on the WestJet site, so you need to speak directly with a human at WestJet who can then assist you. It's a bit of a convoluted conversation each time, as the WJ agent will have to search for your confirmations in a round-about way, (Your Delta locator won't cut it), and I think it's the booking number that Princess uses if I recall. But anyway, there is a way to do it... just explain to the WJ agent that you just wanna book your seats, and that Princess and Delta told you that you need to go through WJ directly... they'll figure it out eventually for you 🙂 

There will be a charge for your seats, but at least you'll be able to secure the seats you want without having to wait to be assigned to a couple of middle seats in random spots on the plane. 

Edited by nunuc2000

When does EZair actually book the tickets? We are going to Italy in July and booked ITA via EZAir but are prevented from choosing seats or modifying the booking. 

EDIT: Looks like 45-30 days prior. Is there any risk of not being able to get the reserved flight?

Edited by jag82177

2 hours ago, jag82177 said:

When does EZair actually book the tickets? We are going to Italy in July and booked ITA via EZAir but are prevented from choosing seats or modifying the booking. 

EDIT: Looks like 45-30 days prior. Is there any risk of not being able to get the reserved flight?

There have been horror stories of EZAir forgetting to pay for the flights.  Happened to our friends.  When they went to check-in online, it kept giving them error messages.  After calling the airline, they found out their reservation had been canceled due to non-payment.  They had to call EZAir to get rebooked two days before their cruise was going to leave.  Quite a nightmare situation.

Start checking your Flights for ticket numbers through the Cruise Personalizer at around the 40 day mark.  If no ticket number populates at the 35 day mark, call Princess/your TA and have them call EZAir to ticket your air reservation.

Gosh, I am going to Italy in July, and I had my seats and ticket numbers via EZAir confirmed as soon as I did my cruise final payment (early April). Of course, it may depend upon which airlines you choose, and also if you have a frequent flyer number. Due to advice on this CC website, I immediately logged in to my airline websites to make sure all my flight information was visible and confirmed, the same as what EZAir had posted.

I would NOT wait for EZAIR to ticket at 45/30 days, but instead ask for ticketing immediately so you can lock in the flights, prices, and select seats.  

Right now Italy is very, very popular and prices keep going up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John99 said:

@larrybritt  That's why I do not book Air Canada or West Jet when I have a choice.   Several times I had to wait until I was at the airport for seat assignments.  I prefer Delta Air Lines.  I never had problems with Delta over 20 years of using EZ Air.  John

We are using flying Air Canada from EWR for our Alaska cruise this September and choose our seats when we reserved 330 days out.  Have never had a problem with United or Air Canada.

13 minutes ago, nnzz said:

We are using flying Air Canada from EWR for our Alaska cruise this September and choose our seats when we reserved 330 days out.  Have never had a problem with United or Air Canada.

Then it couldn't be Economy Class. AC doesn't allow seat selection until the file is ticketed - unless you are Premium Economy or Business.

@larrybritt and @jag82177, you can request early ticketing via the EZ-Air webpage in Cruise Personalizer as long as you have paid for the ticket(s).  Once ticketed, you can select seats for those airlines that do not allow it ahead of time.  My observation is that when booking Premium Economy or above, you can select seats during the booking process.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nunuc2000 said:

We've done the same thing 4 times now,  using EZair and the Celebrity cruise equivalent, and had part of our flight segments through WestJet - there is a workaround, but it involves calling WestJet directly.

Because it's a Delta flight operated by WestJet, there's a weird glitch in their systems that don't allow the Delta locator numbers to work on the WestJet site, so you need to speak directly with a human at WestJet who can then assist you. It's a bit of a convoluted conversation each time, as the WJ agent will have to search for your confirmations in a round-about way, (Your Delta locator won't cut it), and I think it's the booking number that Princess uses if I recall. But anyway, there is a way to do it... just explain to the WJ agent that you just wanna book your seats, and that Princess and Delta told you that you need to go through WJ directly... they'll figure it out eventually for you 🙂 

There will be a charge for your seats, but at least you'll be able to secure the seats you want without having to wait to be assigned to a couple of middle seats in random spots on the plane. 

When I got air flight info confirmation , both the Delta and the West Jet booking numbers showed.

this info was also included in email confirmation 

Flight Information
This confirmation reflects an updated air schedule due to an airline schedule change. Please contact the airlines directly to reconfirm your flights. Please verify that the spelling of names shown on this notice match the identification presented at the airport check-in (i.e. Passport). Seat selection and special requests can be made directly with the airline or via the Cruise Personalizer at www.princess.comor by calling 1-800-774-6237. Online check-in can only be done on the airline's website.

Something to consider -- WestJet pilots have voted to strike and can legally initiate strike action on May 16, 2023.

April 2023, WestJet Pilots voted to authorize a strike in a bid to get their contract up to North American standards, thereby competing with Alaska Airlines' and Delta Air Lines’ new contracts. The pilots are also concerned that the airline is losing, on average, 30 pilots a month and has lost 20% of its pilots within the last 12 months.  

Persons that booked a flight (with WestJet) should think about a plan “B”.  With that many pilots leaving WestJet there could be scheduling problems (currently) and in the months ahead.  If negotiations cannot successfully be concluded by May 16, WestJet pilots most likely will go on strike.      John

31 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Then it couldn't be Economy Class. AC doesn't allow seat selection until the file is ticketed - unless you are Premium Economy or Business.

I never realized that the class of ticket made a difference.  I wonder how they can get away with that

in today' world.   Seems like someone would cry  "Class discrimination".

5 minutes ago, nnzz said:

I never realized that the class of ticket made a difference.  I wonder how they can get away with that

in today' world.   Seems like someone would cry  "Class discrimination".

I assume you are joking about this because similar policies exist when booking directly with airline.  Either no seat selection in advance or a high cost, but Premium seat selection is free.

8 hours ago, larrybritt said:

Yes had similar

experience with 

WestJet and

all worked out

Otherwise very happy with EZair.

Edited by that

Booked our flight thru EZ air upon booking our cruise and was able to choose seats with American Airlines immediately.  We had chosen flexible and had not paid for the flight at that time.  It has also been our experience that that is not possible with Air Canada or West Jet.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ehogan said:

Booked our flight thru EZ air upon booking our cruise and was able to choose seats with American Airlines immediately.  We had chosen flexible and had not paid for the flight at that time.  It has also been our experience that that is not possible with Air Canada or West Jet.

We selected our seats last year with Air Canada and WestJet by booking with EZ Air.

This year we booked with United with a connection with Air Canada and we had no problems selecting our seats on Air Canada. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SCX22 said:

There have been horror stories of EZAir forgetting to pay for the flights.  Happened to our friends.  When they went to check-in online, it kept giving them error messages.  After calling the airline, they found out their reservation had been canceled due to non-payment.  They had to call EZAir to get rebooked two days before their cruise was going to leave.  Quite a nightmare situation.

Start checking your Flights for ticket numbers through the Cruise Personalizer at around the 40 day mark.  If no ticket number populates at the 35 day mark, call Princess/your TA and have them call EZAir to ticket your air reservation.

We got hit by a major glitch in the Princess EZAir system. We went on a Panama Canal Cruise, FLL to SFO. Princess EZAir made us reservations on Delta a couple months in advance. We paid to upgrade the tickets to Comfort Class. The Princess website showed our flights and we also got several notifications about scheduling changes. The trouble is, I couldn't seem to bring up the flights on the Delta website. A couple days before the flights I called Delta and they told me that I don't have any tickets!  What?  Delta told me that on Jan 6, my travel agent (Princess EZAir) cancelled my tickets! Talking to Princess they told me that a "glitch" in their system cancelled my flights. The flights were still showing on the Princess website. Well Princess did some scrambling around and got us tickets on Southwest, routing through 5 airports. We were originally going to arrive the day before the cruise and stay in a hotel in FLL. The new routing got us to FLL the morning of the cruise. We didn't get any sleep the 2 days and we also lost our fees paid to upgrade on Delta. Don't trust Princess EZAir!  That was the first and the last time we'll use that "service".

• Like 1