Booked Air with EZair and unable to get a seat assigned?

larrybritt

13 minutes ago, warthog2608 said:

We got hit by a major glitch in the Princess EZAir system. We went on a Panama Canal Cruise, FLL to SFO. Princess EZAir made us reservations on Delta a couple months in advance. We paid to upgrade the tickets to Comfort Class. The Princess website showed our flights and we also got several notifications about scheduling changes. The trouble is, I couldn't seem to bring up the flights on the Delta website. A couple days before the flights I called Delta and they told me that I don't have any tickets!  What?  Delta told me that on Jan 6, my travel agent (Princess EZAir) cancelled my tickets! Talking to Princess they told me that a "glitch" in their system cancelled my flights. The flights were still showing on the Princess website. Well Princess did some scrambling around and got us tickets on Southwest, routing through 5 airports. We were originally going to arrive the day before the cruise and stay in a hotel in FLL. The new routing got us to FLL the morning of the cruise. We didn't get any sleep the 2 days and we also lost our fees paid to upgrade on Delta. Don't trust Princess EZAir!  That was the first and the last time we'll use that "service".

We have been lucky so far however, we also check with the “airline website”regularly to see our flight and to see if there were any changes. 
Booking with EZ Air, you need to visit the airline website afterwards to confirm your reservations and to see if there are any flight changes. Also select “notification” with the airline and they will e-mail/text any changes. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, ehogan said:

Booked our flight thru EZ air upon booking our cruise and was able to choose seats with American Airlines immediately.  We had chosen flexible and had not paid for the flight at that time.  It has also been our experience that that is not possible with Air Canada or West Jet.

Flying Air Canada home at end of cruise Oct 2023.  Flights not yet ticketed and I have selected seats.  Business class.

9 hours ago, Yowman said:
16 hours ago, ehogan said:

Booked our flight thru EZ air upon booking our cruise and was able to choose seats with American Airlines immediately.  We had chosen flexible and had not paid for the flight at that time.  It has also been our experience that that is not possible with Air Canada or West Jet.

Expand  

Flying Air Canada home at end of cruise Oct 2023.  Flights not yet ticketed and I have selected seats.  Business class.

Yeah .... but I go economy and can't get seats with Air Canada or Turkish Air when reserving the flight. So using the other airlines

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Yowman said:

Yes, AC does allow that for Business and Premium Economy.  For steerage, you must be ticketed first before being able to select seats.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, warthog2608 said:

We got hit by a major glitch in the Princess EZAir system. We went on a Panama Canal Cruise, FLL to SFO. Princess EZAir made us reservations on Delta a couple months in advance. We paid to upgrade the tickets to Comfort Class. The Princess website showed our flights and we also got several notifications about scheduling changes. The trouble is, I couldn't seem to bring up the flights on the Delta website. A couple days before the flights I called Delta and they told me that I don't have any tickets!  What?  Delta told me that on Jan 6, my travel agent (Princess EZAir) cancelled my tickets! Talking to Princess they told me that a "glitch" in their system cancelled my flights. The flights were still showing on the Princess website. Well Princess did some scrambling around and got us tickets on Southwest, routing through 5 airports. We were originally going to arrive the day before the cruise and stay in a hotel in FLL. The new routing got us to FLL the morning of the cruise. We didn't get any sleep the 2 days and we also lost our fees paid to upgrade on Delta. Don't trust Princess EZAir!  That was the first and the last time we'll use that "service".

#1 - EZ-Air does not just book flights auto-magically as suggested.  You must initiate a booking and have control over which airline, routing, dates, fare class, time of day is selected.

#2 - It up to you the guest to monitor both EZ-Air and the airline(s) to check for any flight changes that might require you to act.  No different than booking air for other travel purposes.

Perhaps you were checking and something happened very late in the game.  An other thing that has been especially important since Covid, is to verify that Princess is ticketing your flights.  EZ-Air needs to know the booking is paid for and communication and/or payment has been known to break down between Princess and EZ-Air and flights have been dropped due to supposed lack of payment.  My best practice is to request early ticketing from EZ-Air via the Cruise Personalizer option once the cruise is paid for and I am quite certain there will be no further airfare reductions due my close monitoring of flight options.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2023 at 8:54 AM, jag82177 said:

When does EZair actually book the tickets? We are going to Italy in July and booked ITA via EZAir but are prevented from choosing seats or modifying the booking. 

EDIT: Looks like 45-30 days prior. Is there any risk of not being able to get the reserved flight?

Correct EZAir tickets the air 45-30 days prior to flight but you ( or your TA) can request early ticketing.  This will require payment in full on the air and you will not be able to make any further changes without paying an applicable fees,

to request early ticketing log into your Cruise Personalizer and go to the travel icon and select manage flights. You will see the option to request early ticketing. 

18 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

Correct EZAir tickets the air 45-30 days prior to flight but you ( or your TA) can request early ticketing.  This will require payment in full on the air and you will not be able to make any further changes without paying an applicable fees,

to request early ticketing log into your Cruise Personalizer and go to the travel icon and select manage flights. You will see the option to request early ticketing. 

Well that depends.  Before I changed my flights a couple of weeks ago both my outbound and inbound flights were ticketed for Sep/Oct 2023.  After the change 2 weeks ago my outbound flights are ticketed.

On 5/1/2023 at 8:54 AM, jag82177 said:

When does EZair actually book the tickets? We are going to Italy in July and booked ITA via EZAir but are prevented from choosing seats or modifying the booking. 

EDIT: Looks like 45-30 days prior. Is there any risk of not being able to get the reserved flight?

We had the same issue not being able to see and reserve the ITA seats on a flight back from Rome to Seattle in early August this year after booking with EZ Air.  Flights were from Rome to NYC on ITA and NYC to Seattle on Delta.  I could go into Delta under My Trips and reserve the seats but not do anything with ITA.  By chance I happened to talk to a Princess Rep that said you can ask Princess to "ticket" your flight now but you will not be able to make any changes to those flights going forward. You can go into Princess.com under your booking and go into the Travel/Flights section and ask Princess to "Ticket" your flights now.  It will take about 3 days (we were told) for the airlines to update and show your flight is ticketed.  Did it on Friday and on Monday was able to get into the ITA flight and choose seats.  Sleeping a little better knowing what seats we actually do have instead of worrying there won't be seats when we show up at the airport. 

19 hours ago, kiwimum said:

Our flights for an August cruise out of Southampton have been ticketed for at least 2 months.   Flying business class, seats selected on BA.   Final payment has not been made.  

We always get ticketed.  It’s shown up your “travel/cruise summary” usually 2 days after booking. It gives the reference number and ticket number for each passenger. 

Edited by DHP1