Joy - Injured on Shore Excursion

TACoor

2 hours ago, sanger727 said:

I hope you are joking. You have to be incredibly sheltered to consider a rock on a beach as a hazard. Someone like this should just take the bus tour around town - but not get out because there may tripping hazards like cracked asphalt or slippery leaves on the ground. 

And even for the bus tour, the bus might have an accident. You never see that listed as a warning. 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, sanger727 said:

You have to be incredibly sheltered to consider a rock on a beach as a hazard.

Sheltered?  No. Legitimately concerned about the safety of others, particularly those who are over 50 or have health issues?  Certainly.  Wouldn't it be nice if everybody was?  The beach I walked on at St. Martin was advertised as activity level 1.  It simply wasn't.  That was my main point which many just can't seem to wrap their haughty heads around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

And even for the bus tour, the bus might have an accident. You never see that listed as a warning. 🤦‍♂️

Ever read the travel insurance documents, where they take 5 pages just to define "us, you, covered event," etc? That's why those documents are so darned long! They have to spell everything out. And I bet the day the excursions have a million "what if's" in their descriptions, nobody would read them, anyway. 😂

5 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

And I bet the day the excursions have a million "what if's" in their descriptions, nobody would read them, anyway. 😂

This is what I did (actually) read.  I must have missed the part about large, hidden boulders that require protective footwear to avoid injury.  Can you point it out for me please?

Activity Level:

Image Title

Easy
  • Tours with this activity level involve walking over relatively level terrain, possibly some cobblestone, gravel, or a few steps. Comfortable shoes are recommended.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

This is what I did (actually) read.  I must have missed the part about large, hidden boulders that require protective footwear to avoid injury.  Can you point it out for me please?

Activity Level:

Image Title

Easy
  • Tours with this activity level involve walking over relatively level terrain, possibly some cobblestone, gravel, or a few steps. Comfortable shoes are recommended.

Yes, it's right there under "huge, sharp, hidden cobblestones," doesn't yours say that?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

If you and the OP need to be coddled you should probably stay onboard. 

And why would anyone need to be told not to walk on a path in bare feet? It says comfortable shoes  All shoes are protective...... I guess 100 page disclaimers that none will bother to read are needed as the default assumption should be that people don't have common sense. That they would walk on gravel in bare feet........ 

Edited by Charles4515

4 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

If you and the OP need to be coddled you should probably stay onboard. 

Is asking for accurate activity level designations on SHOREX "coddling?"  If so, then yes, I and my traveling companions need to be coddled.  Due to age and medical conditions, we take only level 1 excursions.  This is the only instance I can recall where NCL's assignment of an activity level is just plain awful.  Perhaps someday you will understand and show a bit more empathy for your fellow cruisers.

24 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Yes, it's right there under "huge, sharp, hidden cobblestones," doesn't yours say that?

Okay, so I've been able to get a bit of slack from a single, educated, intelligent CC member.  That's probably my high point so, like George Castanza, probably time to exit. 🤣

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Is asking for accurate activity level designations on SHOREX "coddling?"  If so, then yes, I and my traveling companions need to be coddled.  Due to age and medical conditions, we take only level 1 excursions.  This is the only instance I can recall where NCL's assignment of an activity level is just plain awful.  Perhaps someday you will understand and show a bit more empathy for your fellow cruisers.

I have been to Maho Beach.a couple of times. We took a taxi. Can't figure out why anyone would do it on a cruise line excursion. Easy DIY. Not a generaly challenging beach. I don't recall any reason why it should be higher than a 1. It is not necessary to go near the runway. Common sense should be enough to stay away from that area unless you wanted a thrill. I personally did not like being blasted by the jet thrust but I knew that the jets flew low overhead. I think anyone would expect a jet right overhead to make noise and stir up the air. We even checked the airport schedule to make sure there would be a flight.

Edited by Charles4515

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Ever read the travel insurance documents, where they take 5 pages just to define "us, you, covered event," etc? That's why those documents are so darned long! They have to spell everything out. And I bet the day the excursions have a million "what if's" in their descriptions, nobody would read them, anyway. 😂

I can't disagree with that as you are most likely correct.