Bermuda Wifi Spots

artvlay

16 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

If you have AT&T or Verizon you can buy travel passes for $10 a day and you will have internet everywhere in Bermuda. That is what I have done in recent years. No worry about WiFi hotspots. 

We have Google Fi, I have to check with them, thanks.

• Like 1

If you have Google Fi, you have cellular data at the same price as you do at home. Just extra charges for text and voice. My phone is dual-SIM, Verizon and Fi. I mostly keep my cellular data on Verizon since I have unlimited data there, but when I was in Bermuda, I switched it to Fi.

4 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

If you have Google Fi, you have cellular data at the same price as you do at home. Just extra charges for text and voice. My phone is dual-SIM, Verizon and Fi. I mostly keep my cellular data on Verizon since I have unlimited data there, but when I was in Bermuda, I switched it to Fi.

Thank you, good info 

On 5/2/2023 at 12:17 PM, Charles4515 said:

If you have AT&T or Verizon you can buy travel passes for $10 a day and you will have internet everywhere in Bermuda. That is what I have done in recent years. No worry about WiFi hotspots. 

Would that include while you are on board ship?  Do you use a travel pass instead of Cruise internet?

15 minutes ago, addie said:

Would that include while you are on board ship?  Do you use a travel pass instead of Cruise internet?

Travel passes are only good for interent, voice, texts, at ports. They are not good at sea. I buy cruise internet to use at sea. 

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

I don't recall getting any signal from the Dockyard wifi on the ship.

I have not tried to connect to it for a few years but I found the signal was poor, unusable, back hten on the ship because of all the metal infrastructure and distance from their access points. The reason the cruise lines wifi works onboard is because the cruise line installs many access points onboard. There was signal where the shops and restaurants are located, I used to get a password at Frog and Onion. I don't know if they have improved it. I could pretty much only check email. As I mentioned these days I use my AT&T travel pass and on a three day stay I can time it so I only need two days. 

Edited by Charles4515