Unfair Sanctuary Practice

SW.FloridaPhil

Suppose that at some point before the cruise starts (say 30 days) Princess said the cost of two loungers for a week in the Sanctuary was $1,000. Anyone who wanted to book them at that point could do so. If one person decided to book at $1,000, then that's the price for everyone for THAT sailing on THAT ship.

However, if no one booked at $1,000, a day or two later, the price would be $900.  Again, if no one booked at that price, another day or two later the price would be $800 and it would continue to decline by $100 per 2 days UNTIL someone decided to book pair of loungers.

At that point, the price would be set for everyone until capacity was reached.  If someone really wanted to be in the Sanctuary, they'd agree to purchase at a higher price and conceivably could have the joint to themselves.  Or you could roll the dice and see how low the cost would go before someone jumped in and set the price.

Princess would do this for every sailing on every ship that has a Sanctuary.  At some point the market would probably stabilize around a weekly price, but there could be outliers, both high and low, as well.

I'm sure there are lots of flaws with this idea that I haven't thought of, so go ahead and rip it apart.  I've never tried to book the Sanctuary, and am unlikely to try in the future, but if the goal in allocating a scarce resource is fairness, some variation of the above idea might be the way to go.

Yes,  TRUE memoak....  TRUE

They do listen to some guest opinions and feedback,

But I don't think this is going to change anything with the Sanctuary.

Now, if they would just listen to our frustration regarding their current blocking of cabins and very limited cabins to select!!!!

• Like 1