"See you soon" mailshot

majortom10

Anyone recently returned from a cruise and had the "see you soon" mailshot on there return home offering £100 OBC if they book another cruise. We received one on our return from Iona saying if we book by 31st May we would get it. Have since booked a balcony cabin on Arvia but now P&O have now said I cannot have the OBC. My TA, the one used by many on here, has been very poor in fact they have been totally useless and the person spoke to yesterday was very rude. We have 8 cruises booked with them and have booked dozens in the past and not very happy. Will be seriously consider using a different TA for future cruises. Their prices have not been as competitive as in the past with only 2% extra discount and their customer service has certainly declined.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Anyone recently returned from a cruise and had the "see you soon" mailshot on there return home offering £100 OBC if they book another cruise. We received one on our return from Iona saying if we book by 31st May we would get it. Have since booked a balcony cabin on Arvia but now P&O have now said I cannot have the OBC. My TA, the one used by many on here, has been very poor in fact they have been totally useless and the person spoke to yesterday was very rude. We have 8 cruises booked with them and have booked dozens in the past and not very happy. Will be seriously consider using a different TA for future cruises. Their prices have not been as competitive as in the past with only 2% extra discount and their customer service has certainly declined.

The mail shot says 8 days or longer and I thought most Arvia cruises were less than that. 

2 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

I assume you dont still have the mail shot? Which is why I ask for e-mails, as well as post, then P&O send most info via e-mail, so you always have a copy to refer back to.

11 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I assume you dont still have the mail shot? Which is why I ask for e-mails, as well as post, then P&O send most info via e-mail, so you always have a copy to refer back to.

Yes I do and have sent a photo to TA and still no joy.

11 minutes ago, david63 said:

It I remember correctly this was something that P&O used to do pre Covid

They still do it was sent to me end of March after our cruise on Iona at beginning of March. Said I could book as many cruises and get £100 OBC on every one as long as I book by 31st May.

20 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

The mail shot says 8 days or longer and I thought most Arvia cruises were less than that. 

No my cruise 14 nts. It is Iona that is doing 7mt cruises to Norway.

21 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

No my cruise 14 nts. It is Iona that is doing 7mt cruises to Norway.

Well the only thing I can see is that it says “ We reserve the right to withdraw the offer in whole or on individual cruises at any time”

Presume it is a Select booking. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer

11 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Well the only thing I can see is that it says “ We reserve the right to withdraw the offer in whole or on individual cruises at any time”

Presume it is a Select booking. 

Yes it is a Select booking. Read all the small print and there is nothing to stop me from having it applied.

3 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Maybe it is an withdrawn cruise as I mentioned above. 

No spoke direct to P&O direct on Friday and was told if I pre registered it wouldn't be automatically added. Told to wait until Tuesday when booking was open and book with TA and would be automatically added. It wasn't and now saying I cannot have it and TA has been totally useless. They were told about mailshot and said no problem when you book Tuesday it will be added, which it hasn't.

I have one. Reading the small print it is combinable with shareholders benefit and other promotions available. Only exclusions are Tesco vouchers and onboard booking benefits. Did TA give a reason why it wasn't applied?

5 minutes ago, happy v said:

I have one. Reading the small print it is combinable with shareholders benefit and other promotions available. Only exclusions are Tesco vouchers and onboard booking benefits. Did TA give a reason why it wasn't applied?

Yes P&O refused but didn't give a reason.

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

If you're only getting 2% discount from your TA and you're now recieving poor service then you should definitely look elsewhere. 5-6% discounts are readily available if you know where to look.

1 minute ago, NavyPanda said:

If you're only getting 2% discount from your TA and you're now recieving poor service then you should definitely look elsewhere. 5-6% discounts are readily available if you know where to look.

I know of one TA that offers that sort of discount, but no way would I deal with them - totally unethical company.

• Like 1

Just now, majortom10 said:

Yes P&O refused but didn't give a reason.

In that case I think you are being a bit harsh with your criticism of your TA. However I would expect the agent I use at the same cruise agency to be a lot more sympathetic than yours seems to have been.

People on this forum keep going on about a "certain" TA that a lot of people use for good deals. However, no-one ever mentions who it is (I assume not allowed to??).

How do I find out who this "favourite" TA is as I'd like to see if they can sort us out for our next p&o cruise?

24 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I know of one TA that offers that sort of discount, but no way would I deal with them - totally unethical company.

There are at least four different travel agents (under 5 different trading names) which give this size discount. I've used two of them repeatedly, without problems and received good service from them regarding refunds for 2020/21 cruises which didn't go ahead.

An alternative would be to get a quote from them and get P&O to price match.

42 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

In that case I think you are being a bit harsh with your criticism of your TA. However I would expect the agent I use at the same cruise agency to be a lot more sympathetic than yours seems to have been.

I wasn't critical unfairly the agent I spoke to yesterday didn't want to know, gave impression she didn't care and was rude.

I have this email and a direct P&O booking made on 31 March for 14 nights Arvia on a select fare.  When I mentioned it to agent they informed me that it will apply but I will not see it until I'm onboard, apparently it's in the small print of the email but as I'm not home can't check as I only have the printed one ready for the off on Sunday week.

It was also confirmed for my Britannia August reservation made at same time. Only restriction is must be more than a certain number of days - I think it said 5.

I've no reason to believe it isn't going to go on automatically- I have a vague recollection that one of our regular posters mentioned he'd had it applied on a saver which surprised him.

If you are able to do a dummy booking on P&O website for yourself, without logging into your P&O account, you should be able to see what standard OBC is being offered.

Then if you log into your P&O account and go through same dummy booking it should include the extra £100 OBC if you are entitled.

We had similar offer earlier this year and checked that way.

1 minute ago, Megabear2 said:

I have this email and a direct P&O booking made on 31 March for 14 nights Arvia on a select fare.  When I mentioned it to agent they informed me that it will apply but I will not see it until I'm onboard, apparently it's in the small print of the email but as I'm not home can't check as I only have the printed one ready for the off on Sunday week.

It was also confirmed for my Britannia August reservation made at same time. Only restriction is must be more than a certain number of days - I think it said 5.

I've no reason to believe it isn't going to go on automatically- I have a vague recollection that one of our regular posters mentioned he'd had it applied on a saver which surprised him.

It states on mailshot it has to be Select and over 8 days in seaview or a over cabin. P&O have refused to add it to my holiday.

3 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

It states on mailshot it has to be Select and over 8 days in seaview or a over cabin. P&O have refused to add it to my holiday.

Can't help you there. My fares are select both 14 days one balcony one single balcony. I've had an upgrade for one of these from an inside so don't expect to see it but the lady taking the booking was adamant it would apply. If it does, well that's great if not I'm fine as OBC isn't something I stress about personally.  I can't recall who said they'd had it on a saver but definitely someone did.  I'll look back through the old threads when I get home from QM2. Maybe there are a couple of versions for different people?

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

But we all know that P&O customer service are notoriously poorly trained, and you cant always trust them to give you accurate information. Try again and hope to get someone better trained.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 1