Ponant app

tashaaa

Hi, 

We have an upcoming cruise in June. Me and my husband both downloaded the Ponant app (iphone and android), but it says we don’t have upcoming cruises. I reported this to Ponant, but so far no results. They only said, if I want to book an excursion, they will add them to our booking. 

I don’t know what you can do with this app, is it crucial for us? do we need to make an online check in (when does it usually open)? Do you get via app some important information… 

Will we get some document via post to the home address? 

if anyone knows this, please let me know. I don’t get a very good feedback from Ponant. 

thank you😄

It's not essential but it does have some information - you can take it or leave it.

The main advantage is that when you're on board and connected to the ship's WiFi you can access your daily newsletter and the dining menus from the app. In practice this works for me less than 50% of the time - the rest of the time the app says "you're not actually connected to the ship's WiFi" when I actually am!. SMH. IIRC it worked better in Corsica on Le Bellot, than it did for me in Indonesia on Le Laperouse.

Question for you - when you're logged in to the Ponant site using your login credentials on a regular computer, does it show the details of your upcoming cruises? If so, this information should also show up on the app if you're using the same login credentials.

The app frequently gets buggy and there will be days that you can't log in at all, or it displays incorrect information. As I said, not essential and you can take it or leave it.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the quick reply. 
when I log in my Ponant account I see the upcoming cruise, and that the booking is 100% completed. I also filled out our personal information. So, I guess this is ok. 
However I still can’t download via my Ponant the conformation, invoice, I see there is some coupon and credit, which when I click on it won’t open, so I don’t know what it is. 
It is our first Ponant cruise and actually I expected to be easier with the support. 
Do you need to online check in before the cruise? Do they send the cruise documents, luggage tags? 

@tashaaa, have you created a "My Ponant" account? Can you see your booking there? Any shore excursions you pre-reserve should also appear there.

I am able to use the same login information for "My Ponant" to login to the app. Then I can see the booking and the excursions there.

AFIK, the only way you can pre-reserve shore excursions is to contact your Ponant Cruise Consultant. On our last cruise, her booking engine did not allow her to pre-reserve all of the excursions that appeared on the "My Ponant" website. Fortunately, we were able to book the excursions we wanted when we boarded the ship.

I have never been able to open the confirmation, invoice, coupon or credit either. I asked my Ponant Cruise Consultant about them and she had no idea why I see them. 

I have always received an email with all the cruise documents about two weeks before the cruise. The hard copy plus luggage tags arrives by FedEx a few days later.

The main thing we use the app for is to see the dinner menus. As @jpalbny noted, it is very buggy.

You don't need to do an online check in.

Hope that helps!

Carolyn

Edited by cboyle
clarification

Thank you Carolyn, for clarification. It really helps. 
i will give up on app, for the documents contact Ponant via Email, to send them to me (the coupon and credit file) and simply count down to our cruise. 

thank you all for your help 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

I'm also a Ponant newbee and will be taking my first cruise in September. 

Out of curiosity,  I opened the App (I guess I downloaded it a couple months ago).    I logged on and it shows my cruise.  

It really doesn't show me much except for a lot of canned information that I would think would be the same for any cruise.

It does show the itinerary and the room details but nothing that  I can do.    Similar to the Website.