Red Rope!

Watching some walk-through videos in anticipation of a Grecian Odyssey on the Odyssey. What is with the red ropes (and one black one) in front of the different entertainment stages? It looks silly and ruins the room aesthetic. Do they really have that much of a problem with people invading the stages?

4 minutes ago, FlaviaOfTheMonth said:

I'll get some poses of my wife next to the lines when we cruise. Every video we watched has the ropes though.

Can you post links to any of the videos, so we can see what you are talking about?

49 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

could be old pictures from the period immediately following post Covid restart

no, they still do it.  And with some of the shows they do, it's nice to let the "act" have space in front of them.  We've been on cruises where the area was so crowded that w/o the ropes, the party would have gotten right into the band's area.

Then again, I'm not really sure why they are so terrible.  It's not as if they are anywhere near blocking your view.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

no, they still do it.  And with some of the shows they do, it's nice to let the "act" have space in front of them.  We've been on cruises where the area was so crowded that w/o the ropes, the party would have gotten right into the band's area.

Then again, I'm not really sure why they are so terrible.  It's not as if they are anywhere near blocking your view.

Haven’t done it on my last 3 trips, dating back to Nov ‘22

We even had the piano player in the elevator on two of those. 

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Haven’t done it on my last 3 trips, dating back to Nov ‘22

We even had the piano player in the elevator on two of those. 

Saw it on the Allure and Radiance in Feb, less of it on the Harmony a week ago. They used it at Blaze and Boleros but not in Central Park. And not the roving piano player. 

may not be consistent, but they still use it. 

4 hours ago, FlaviaOfTheMonth said:

Watching some walk-through videos in anticipation of a Grecian Odyssey on the Odyssey. What is with the red ropes (and one black one) in front of the different entertainment stages? It looks silly and ruins the room aesthetic. Do they really have that much of a problem with people invading the stages?

there were red ropes in front of the centrum stage on Vision of the Seas.  I guess it was their idea of a barrier from musicians.

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, mets123 said:

Did it ruin your experience in any way?

No, not at all. That said, I don't like to see things like this where bad decisions are simply accepted. Somebody spent a lot of time designing these boats, I don't think they expected the red ropes.

3 minutes ago, FlaviaOfTheMonth said:

No, not at all. That said, I don't like to see things like this where bad decisions are simply accepted. Somebody spent a lot of time designing these boats, I don't think they expected the red ropes.

Cruise critic can't do anything for you. Why don't you contact Royal?