Room service anywhere on the ship???

theotherKennyB

I just read a post that said you can get room service sent anywhere on the ship.  Can you get food and/or drinks sent to the Jacuzzi at the back of the ship (we are going to be on the Dawn in July)?  This will be our first cruise ever.

Edited by theotherKennyB

I think, not definitively, that you can order room service anywhere on the ship, and this is the caveat, only when the restaurants aren't serving.  Room service is available 24 hours a day.  I am not certain about this and would appreciate any feedback.  There were a couple of times on our last cruise when we were just too damn tired to wait for dinner.  We had pizza one night and room service the other.  Then I read more closely the material on dining options. and saw the bit about anywhere on the ship.  I wish I had known this on my previous 9 cruises.  Something about having an early dinner in the Panorama Lounge does, in hindsight, have a lot of appeal for certain times.  

I prefer to eat meals at a table either in a restaurant or poolside with waiter staff who serve and clean up or in my cabin on occasion with the butler in charge of coordinating service. Not sure why anyone would want to eat near in/near a jacuzzi with the wind blowing around or at a low cocktail table in a lounge. Isn't that like street food? On a luxury ship I think that would get old real fast. 

Happy and healthy sailing!

If you can have "room service" anywhere on the ship then is it not misnamed?

1 hour ago, chrism23 said:

Something about having an early dinner in the Panorama Lounge

Yes - probably leaves the smell of food in a non food area that other passengers may find unpleasant!

On 5/7/2023 at 9:59 AM, theotherKennyB said:

I was not clear and apparently clarity and precision matter here.  

IMaybe I wasn't clear also.  The Panorama Lounge, on the Silver Moon, the last ship I was on, offers light snacks all day.  At lunch time the have an array of small sandwiches, After lunch they have smaller appetizers like shrimp cocktail.  Of course there is booze.  I have never eaten a full meal there.  I too hate room service, because of smells and aftermath.  If I did so I would eat on the veranda.  Many people do breakfast this way.  I haven't seen anyone eat a full meal there.  Burgers yes for example. As for caviar, you can eat it all day, just about anywhere.   

• Thanks 1

The general rule is - quite rightly - no food or drink in the pool or jacuzzi. The fact that some waiting staff actually ask people if they want a drink when they are in the jacuzzi is one of those irritating aspects of luxury cruise lines. It is a safety, hygiene and communal harmony issue in the final analysis.

To be fair most Regent staff seem to be pretty good at resolving issues when folks wander into the pool clutching a drink in one hand! 

On 5/7/2023 at 12:59 PM, markham said:

I prefer to eat meals at a table either in a restaurant or poolside with waiter staff who serve and clean up or in my cabin on occasion with the butler in charge of coordinating service. Not sure why anyone would want to eat near in/near a jacuzzi with the wind blowing around or at a low cocktail table in a lounge. Isn't that like street food? On a luxury ship I think that would get old real fast. 

Happy and healthy sailing!

Yes indeed,very strange behaviour wanting to eat in a Jacuzzi.

I like a thin crisp base not a wet soggy one.

Very unhygienic also.

You have to watch these folks at the buffet also.😁

8 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

Yes indeed,very strange behaviour wanting to eat in a Jacuzzi.

I like a thin crisp base not a wet soggy one.

Very unhygienic also.

You have to watch these folks at the buffet also.😁

Haven't you ever wanted to sit in a Jacuzzi with a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs?