WATER PACKAGE IN OVATION OF THE SEA, IS IT WORTHY?

I will be cruising Alaska in August and I was wondering if the water package (you can buy 12 bottles or 24 bottles) is worth spend money on water,  we are 3 people, myself, my husband and my son.  Do you think is it worthy buy water?  Do they have free water in the ship?  What brand they sell?  I need a lot of water since I go to the gym and I need it for my supplement.  Thanks in advance!

On my cruise I have booked. They only offer the 24 packs and it’s 28.00. 

I won’t buy the for my cruise next year.   
I’ll use a Yeti and crystal lite.  The ships water is good enough for me.   
Not sure of the brand they use now.   

• Like 1

They had the brand TRUE when I cruised a couple of months ago.  The water tastes fine on the ship, but I found my ankles swell by the end of a cruise when I drink to much of it which is why I buy bottled.   Many people drink the water without issue, if you don’t want to buy some.  If you do not mind carrying some on board with you some is allowed.  Check FAQ on the website for quantities and size.

On 5/5/2023 at 8:54 PM, LoveCruise71 said:

I will be cruising Alaska in August and I was wondering if the water package (you can buy 12 bottles or 24 bottles) is worth spend money on water,  we are 3 people, myself, my husband and my son.  Do you think is it worthy buy water?  Do they have free water in the ship?  What brand they sell?  I need a lot of water since I go to the gym and I need it for my supplement.  Thanks in advance!

Well, water is free out of any water sink.  So, is it worth it?  Nope. Water does not have a brand, but the company the bottles it has a label.  But this is my opinion, and if you need it, and feel it is good to pay for it, than that is your choice.  No one can tell you.

On 5/5/2023 at 8:23 PM, Cherful59 said:

but I found my ankles swell by the end of a cruise when I drink to much of it which is why I buy bottled.

What do you think is different in the tap water?  

Genuine question, not snark.  

Edited by HappyTexan44

14 hours ago, HappyTexan44 said:

What do you think is different in the tap water?  

Genuine question, not snark.  

Sorry, I honestly cannot tell you, but I have been on quite a few cruises and continued to have the same thing happen, so for the last several I decided to buy bottled water just to see if it made a difference and found I do not have the swollen ankle issue.  There are other conversations on this forum and some comments on what people thought caused the issue for them.  Maybe the addition or lack of minerals, I cannot remember.  You could try searching.  

14 hours ago, jwlane said:

Blame it on the water?

I am not saying the water is bad.  It tastes fine and I drink it on occasion, but I drink a quite a bit of water so I tried to see if drinking bottled water made a difference and it did for me, so I drink much more bottled.  

Edited by Cherful59

You mentioned that you buy bottle of water, do you bring them with you or do you buy their water package  "Blue" water?  Too bad is not Evian, I love this brand, in the past they have this brand but change it to Blue.   Thank you soooooo much!  

8 hours ago, LoveCruise71 said:

You mentioned that you buy bottle of water, do you bring them with you or do you buy their water package  "Blue" water?  Too bad is not Evian, I love this brand, in the past they have this brand but change it to Blue.   Thank you soooooo much!  

I buy the water package on the ship as I don’t want to carry it.  If the price keeps going up, I might change my mind, but so far I have gotten it at a reasonable price.  The water brand was TRUE the last time I was on board, but Royal could change at any time.

12 hours ago, Cherful59 said:

I buy the water package on the ship as I don’t want to carry it.  If the price keeps going up, I might change my mind, but so far I have gotten it at a reasonable price.  The water brand was TRUE the last time I was on board, but Royal could change at any time.

Thank you for the info!

water is so cheap on royal compared to NCL so buying it is a no brainer. even when i'm in a suite i buy some so its on hand there (not always enough hands to carry it back from the suite lounge, especially if in an aqua suite it's far!)

The bottled water is not necessary as stated above.  But I too have found drinking bottled water the majority of the day on the ship keeps the ankle swelling down.  It also encourages me to carry a disposable one and drink more, especially on excursions.  I don’t like keeping track of a water bottle on a cruise. I try to watch for sales. 

On 5/10/2023 at 2:12 PM, LoveCruise71 said:

I had Evian with the water package on Rhapsody a few weeks ago. The ship had been in Barbados since pre covid (2019) and was the first time she went to the US post Covid so maybe that explains it. 

When I don't cruise Star Class, I plan on bringing my Zero Water Filter system.  There's nothing unhealthy about the ship's water but there is a taste and smell (chlorine-like) that I don't care for.  When cruising Star Class, it includes ALL beverage packages so then I'll drink the bottled water and sparkling water.   I don't think a separate beverage package for water is worth it if something is as easy as bringing on the Zero Water Filtration system (or others if so desired).  No, I'm not advertising, I don't have any arrangement with Zero Water, I'm just a very satisfied customer.  

14 hours ago, Ret MP said:

When I don't cruise Star Class, I plan on bringing my Zero Water Filter system.  There's nothing unhealthy about the ship's water but there is a taste and smell (chlorine-like) that I don't care for.  When cruising Star Class, it includes ALL beverage packages so then I'll drink the bottled water and sparkling water.   I don't think a separate beverage package for water is worth it if something is as easy as bringing on the Zero Water Filtration system (or others if so desired).  No, I'm not advertising, I don't have any arrangement with Zero Water, I'm just a very satisfied customer.  

Thank you, good idea!

• Like 2

On 5/5/2023 at 8:54 PM, LoveCruise71 said:

The water onboard is better than the bottled water you'd be buying. And, it is free.