Why no excursions displayed in any Celebrity cruises?

YWW

I was looking into cruise excursions for a few cruises on Celebrity Solstice in like early June to Alaska and Vietnam/Thailand in mid November but there were no excursions displayed. I checked several other sailings and the same story ... no excursions. Typically we like to check out the excursions available at each port on an itinerary and if they seem interesting, then we'll book that cruise. I'm at a lost why I cannot view any excursions. For those of you who are experienced Celebrity cruisers, do you know why?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Are you looking on the app? It is often incomplete and incorrect.  Try the website

I didn't use the app but used our desktop computer as well as a laptop to access the Celebrity website. All showed the same result ... no excursions.

13 minutes ago, YWW said:

I didn't use the app but used our desktop computer as well as a laptop to access the Celebrity website. All showed the same result ... no excursions.

Your title to your thread is inaccurate. Not true concerning "any Celebrity cruises".  Shore excursions  are available for both our future cruises. One is a Caribbean cruise and the other is an Alaska cruise. Using my laptop. 

Edited by davekathy

I believe the OP is using the "View Itinerary" button on the Celebrity booking page to browse excursions since they aren't yet booked on the sailings. Excursions within the cruise planner are probably working fine. It does appear there might be an issue with excursions shown on the primary Celebrity website. This page where you can search excursions by port is not working.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/pcp-excursions

2 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

I believe the OP is using the "View Itinerary" button on the Celebrity booking page to browse excursions since they aren't yet booked on the sailings. Excursions within the cruise planner are probably working fine. It does appear there might be an issue with excursions shown on the primary Celebrity website. This page where you can search excursions by port is not working.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/pcp-excursions

NSSC: As you know it is difficult to see shore excursions for sailings that you are not booked on--I think that is the problem.  You need to mention your work around hack: 

@YWW, follow the hack in the above embedded post.  For example here is a link to the Nov 16 2023 Solstice shore excursions.  Just make sure you have not logged into the Celebrity website before clicking on the link below.  If you have logged in, then log out and then click on the link below.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/account/cruise-planner/category/shorex?bookingId=0000000&shipCode=SL&sailDate=20231116

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mahdnc said:

NSSC: As you know it is difficult to see shore excursions for sailings that you are not booked on--I think that is the problem.  You need to mention your work around hack: 

@YWW, follow the hack in the above embedded post.  For example here is a link to the Nov 16 2023 Solstice shore excursions.  Just make sure you have not logged into the Celebrity website before clicking on the link below.  If you have logged in, then log out and then click on the link below.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/account/cruise-planner/category/shorex?bookingId=0000000&shipCode=SL&sailDate=20231116

Yes, yes, yes!!! Thanks so much, mahdnc. That link you've provided is exactly what I am looking for. I called Celebrity earlier enquiring this same issue and the rep said I have to book the cruise first before I can see the excursion list for each port. I'm so glad you've provided a back channel "entrance" to allow me to review the excursions before booking the cruise. I really don't understand why Celebrity is so secretive about their excursions. Thanks again!

29 minutes ago, YWW said:

Yes, yes, yes!!! Thanks so much, mahdnc. That link you've provided is exactly what I am looking for. I called Celebrity earlier enquiring this same issue and the rep said I have to book the cruise first before I can see the excursion list for each port. I'm so glad you've provided a back channel "entrance" to allow me to review the excursions before booking the cruise. I really don't understand why Celebrity is so secretive about their excursions. Thanks again!

Happy that someone else is using the trick I found a while back! Other people have said the same that they don't want you to see behind the curtain. It's even worse for Royal Caribbean where price disparity between cruises for cruise planner items is even higher. Luckily the url trick works the same for their cruises.

38 minutes ago, YWW said:

That is good to hear.  This workaround was introduced to me by NorthStarStateCruiser (via the link from my earlier post).

Before COVID hit, you could download a price brochure for any sailing from Celebrity's website.  Here is the link, but I think you will find that it is not operational: https://www.celebritycruises.com/excursion-brochure/celebrity/

Edited by mahdnc

14 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Happy that someone else is using the trick I found a while back! Other people have said the same that they don't want you to see behind the curtain. It's even worse for Royal Caribbean where price disparity between cruises for cruise planner items is even higher. Luckily the url trick works the same for their cruises.

NorthStarStateCruiser, thanks so much for your back entrance trick. You are in the wrong profession. You should work for NSA or CIA. 😜😁

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2023 at 2:47 AM, YWW said:

I can see excursions for my Asia cruise in January 2025. I thought that was pretty impressive.

On 5/20/2023 at 6:16 AM, furballPerth said:

I can see excursions for my Asia cruise in January 2025. I thought that was pretty impressive.

You can only see excursions AFTER you have booked. I want to see and review excursions BEFORE I book. Apparently this is how Celebrity does things. NorthStarStateCruiser was able to provide me a "backdoor" entrance to look at the excursions.

5 minutes ago, YWW said:

You can only see excursions AFTER you have booked. I want to see and review excursions BEFORE I book. Apparently this is how Celebrity does things. NorthStarStateCruiser was able to provide me a "backdoor" entrance to look at the excursions.

I used to be able to see potential excursions for ports on Celebrity...but they seem to have closed and locked that back door as I get an error message whenever I try it now. It's really annoying - especially since I used that when deciding between itineraries.