Cabin service

wcflats

Yes, I have had service twice a day on all my cruises.    The only difference I noticed is they stopped giving us the 2 chocolates on our pillow during the evening service.    I always thought it was a nice touch but Princess sees it as another way to cutback and save a buck.   

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, tawlaw1526 said:

Yes, I have had service twice a day on all my cruises.    The only difference I noticed is they stopped giving us the 2 chocolates on our pillow during the evening service.    I always thought it was a nice touch but Princess sees it as another way to cutback and save a buck.   

And no more Princess shopping bags, either.

1 hour ago, antsp said:

The chocolates going just leaves a bad image, the bag, why would you expect a bag

Princess always gave us a tote bag upon arrival and now they stopped, it’s just a sign of additional cutbacks.   These items certainly don’t make or break a cruise experience but they were very nice touches that made us feel we were cruising with a line that was a touch above the rest.    
You never expect anything but when THEY STOP doing something they’ve done for years, it doesn’t go unnoticed as yet another cutback.    

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tawlaw1526 said:

Princess always gave us a tote bag upon arrival and now they stopped, it’s just a sign of additional cutbacks.   These items certainly don’t make or break a cruise experience but they were very nice touches that made us feel we were cruising with a line that was a touch above the rest.    
You never expect anything but when THEY STOP doing something they’ve done for years, it doesn’t go unnoticed as yet another cutback.    

Bags came in about 8 years ago, not an always thing, and not to be expected 

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

And no more Princess shopping bags, either.

We got a bag on one post-covid cruise.  It surprised me.  I think maybe they were just trying to use up the remaining supply.

2 minutes ago, Kay S said:

We got a bag on one post-covid cruise.  It surprised me.  I think maybe they were just trying to use up the remaining supply.

Yep.  We did also, at the early

restart.  I have plenty of those anyway.

10 minutes ago, antsp said:

Bags came in about 8 years ago, not an always thing, and not to be expected 

That’s a bummer you’ve only been getting them for 8 years.   Maybe originally they were just giving them to Elite passengers.   
You never expect anything but when THEY STOP doing something they’ve done for years, it doesn’t go unnoticed as yet another cutback. 

11 minutes ago, antsp said:

The were not giving them out in 2002 when I 1st sailed Princess 

I seem to remember them showing up around the time we made Platinum, and I probably thought there was some connection.  They have not shown up consistently over the years, some cruises yes, others no.  DH likes them for grocery store runs.