Ocean Cay Yacht Club Cabana

danigirl01

Hey everyone!! I hope all is well. I’m looking at booking my excursions for our upcoming cruise in December. I was thinking about getting a cabana when we go to Ocean Cay. We have cabins in the yacht club and I was looking at the yacht club cabanas. So, can you tell me if they are worth the extra money and which one is better (beachfront or ocean view)? I remember seeing in a post that one side is full of rocks and one is closer to the yacht club restaurant, but I can’t remember which one is which. Also, if you can tell me which side is best for water activities such as swimming. 

Thank You,

D

3 minutes ago, danigirl01 said:

Hey everyone!! I hope all is well. I’m looking at booking my excursions for our upcoming cruise in December. I was thinking about getting a cabana when we go to Ocean Cay. We have cabins in the yacht club and I was looking at the yacht club cabanas. So, can you tell me if they are worth the extra money and which one is better (beachfront or ocean view)? I remember seeing in a post that one side is full of rocks and one is closer to the yacht club restaurant, but I can’t remember which one is which. Also, if you can tell me which side is best for water activities such as swimming. 

Thank You,

D

Beachfront are the cabanas that face the YC beach, whereas the oceanview cabanas face a rock sea wall. 
Is it worth the cost, depends on you. There are loungers with umbrellas available for no cost. 
In 2019, we had a cabana, that included a bottle of champagne and bottles of water, floating mats, and snorkeling gear.

5 minutes ago, danigirl01 said:

Thank You,

D

I would save your money. Only reason I would book a cabana is if we were with a group or extended family. Beach is not very swimmable. Lots of rocks along the shore, bring water shoes if you are going into water.  

We usually sail in RS and were very happy with loungers and umbrellas. YC towels on all loungers and butlers come around to serve drinks. Lunch at Ocean House 12-2. 

We walked over to beach beyond the YC restaurant, to the left. very nice beach. lots of sand and beautiful water. When we go back, I would spend more time over there. It is not considered YC beach area. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, phissy said:

We walked over to beach beyond the YC restaurant, to the left. very nice beach. lots of sand and beautiful water. When we go back, I would spend more time over there. It is not considered YC beach area. 

Good advice here…we did the same..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When are you going in Dec? We are too. I have a really good tip but don't want to give it you if we are on the same cruise! Kidding.  Our spot is just to the right of Ocean House in a grassy area that overlooks the beach and ocean. Trees provide shade. Steps away from getting drinks and bathrooms. 

20221216_101916.jpg

20221216_101903.jpg

• Like 1

I had an ocean view one last week and loved it.  I didn’t like the Yacht Club beach but the ocean view cabana was very close to Bimini beach which I walked over to when we wanted to go swimming.  The view was great from the cabana.  We were provided a cooler with bottles of water, bottle of champagne, snacks (pringles, nuts and chocolate covered nuts), floating mats, lounge chairs and there were towels on the lounge chairs and on the couch in the cabana.  There is a US outlet for charging phones and a ceiling fan.  There is a flag that you raise when you want drink service and we always got served right away.

8E9E723F-5374-499E-B722-0FCF185FF7DF.thumb.jpeg.a54d9ad86c1d5ede6194d23b61ae00c2.jpegCC5ADA5B-480F-408C-9210-87CAECAFCA26.thumb.jpeg.1c9326f551c535d0962999941b421bb4.jpeg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Athena90 said:

Our spot is just to the right of Ocean House in a grassy area that overlooks the beach and ocean.

This is where we sit as well!  It offers a nice view and like you said, it's close to all the important stuff.  DH likes to go for a swim but water shoes are a must.  I'm happy just watching from the hillside.  And you can easily move the lounger to keep up with the shade.

@danigirl01 the reason I wouldn't rent a cabana is because there is simply not enough in this area to hold my attention for an entire day.  The beach is not walkable and the water is difficult to swim in/stand around and have a cocktail in due to the rocks.  We usually go the the YC area for an hour or so before lunch, have lunch, and then leave to wander the rest of the island.  There are some really nice areas with fine sand and better swimming.  We also enjoy hanging out at the lighthouse bar...for us, there's no way we'd get our money's worth if we rented a cabana.

• Like 1