Mobility assistance

wcflats

Unfortunately I’m getting to the point where my getting around is becoming a problem.  Not needing a  scooter anything like that but just some assistance with things like getting into an out of a tender.  How’s princess with helping those of us like that? Going on emerald princess in May this year.

Princess is really good on the gangway.  I sometimes use a cane.  They walk down backwards in front of me...just in case I fall forward.  Brave souls.

They try their best when tendering.  Keep in mind that both boat/ship are moving.  Sometimes in opposite directions.  There will be two people on each side of you to help you on/off. 

I hope your balance is good enough to stand by yourself.  I hope you can manage the steps inside the tender.  I hope that you can "jump" the distance from tender to platform/reverse.  I'm not the most coordinated.  Sometimes I feel that I can do it by myself.  Most times I welcome the assistance.  

23 minutes ago, wcflats said:

Unfortunately I’m getting to the point where my getting around is becoming a problem.  Not needing a  scooter anything like that but just some assistance with things like getting into an out of a tender.  How’s princess with helping those of us like that? Going on emerald princess in May this year.

They are helpful at the tenders. 

19 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Princess is really good on the gangway....There will be two people on each side of you to help you on/off.

Agreed. DH needs help getting on and off the tenders, and the assistance has been wonderful.

Had both knees replaced last year.

Getting up and down was a bit of a struggle for awhile.

The people in the dining room were amazing. It was as if they to see if you were having a bit of trouble getting up at the end of your meal.

They were there instantly to to assist.

Also, in the buffet. I waddled more than walked & there was always someone to take my plate back to the table or me.

• Like 1

Princess has wheelchair assistance to take you from the terminal to wherever you want to go on the ship while waiting for rooms to be ready and also reverse when disembarking at the end of your cruise.  Just ask when you get to the terminal.  There should be wheelchair assist to take you through security and check in and then they will hand you over to a Princess employee to take you onto the ship.  My husband uses this because the gangway ramp is too much for him.  He's ok once he's on, just needs to take it slow and stop to rest every once in a while.