VAT refund

kilili

Hi all,

Can you get a VAT refund when you purchase something in port?  I am interested in purchasing a gift for my daughter in France (Le Havre or Rouen).  However, because it is a British Isles Cruise ending in Southampton, I fly out of the UK, which now does not belong to the EU.  So my question is, is there a way to claim the VAT refund upon embarkation in Le Havre?

Thanks in advance,

55 minutes ago, kilili said:

Hi all,

Can you get a VAT refund when you purchase something in port?  I am interested in purchasing a gift for my daughter in France (Le Havre or Rouen).  However, because it is a British Isles Cruise ending in Southampton, I fly out of the UK, which now does not belong to the EU.  So my question is, is there a way to claim the VAT refund upon embarkation in Le Havre?

Thanks in advance,

@kilili        Beside this thread you can post your questions on the “Europe” forum board.

Then – Mediterranean

Then – French Ports

The Europe Departure board has page after page of comments, questions, ideas, etc. specific to travel.  Check it out.  John  

Here is an explanation. A few of the important rules I read are: You will have to get your purchase receipt certified by the French customs officials at the port. Purchase must be 100 euros or more from a single store. You have to have your passport with you when you make the purchase.

There are other specific steps.

https://petiteinparis.com/vat-tax-refund-process-in-paris-france/

It all depends on if Guest Services can get VAT refund personnel on board to verify and stamp receipts.  On the Sky Princess Spain, Portugal, and France, R/T from Southampton, Guest Services was able arrange an official to come onboard in La Rochelle, our last EU stop before returning to Southampton, for a few hours.  We were given the option of leaving the forms with the VAT refund personnel for refund to our credit card OR getting it back immediately, which required us going to Princess Shops and collecting the cash VAT refund in Euros from another VAT refund rep.  Below is a scan of the Patter with details.

image.jpeg

• Like 1