Does HDoes HAL still send out questionaires pre-boading for solo and other passengers requesting large tables at dinner?

Years ago. HAL sent out pre- cruise questionaires to guests (Solos and couples) that had requested a large table at the second seating to insure compatable tablemates. The questions covered language spoken, careers, hobbies, prior travel, general interests etc. Do they still do this?

Second question not at all related but why not use the space _ Is there a church service offered on Sunday mornings?

24 minutes ago, Lakesregion said:

Years ago. HAL sent out pre- cruise questionaires to guests (Solos and couples) that had requested a large table at the second seating to insure compatable tablemates. The questions covered language spoken, careers, hobbies, prior travel, general interests etc. Do they still do this?

I've been sailing HAL since 1978, and more or less annually since 1992. I don't remember ever completing a questionnaire in order to be seated with compatible tablemates. 
I suppose it's possible one was sent, via my travel agent, and the agent completed it. But I have had several agents over the decades, and I would think at least one of them would have mentioned it. 

Are you sure it was HAL you remember doing that? 

1 minute ago, RuthC said:

I've been sailing HAL since 1978, and more or less annually since 1992. I don't remember ever completing a questionnaire in order to be seated with compatible tablemates. 
I suppose it's possible one was sent, via my travel agent, and the agent completed it. But I have had several agents over the decades, and I would think at least one of them would have mentioned it. 

Are you sure it was HAL you remember doing that? 

Yes it was HAL.

7 minutes ago, Lakesregion said:

Are they held in the theatre by the captain? 

There is Roman Catholic Mass celebrated daily. On sea days it is at 8:00 AM (except Saturday, when the Vigil Mass is in the evening), and on port days at 5:00 PM. 
Location varies, depending on size of expected crowd and availability. 

Non-denominational services are more often passenger led, unless it is a religious holiday sailing. On those there may be a minister. 
The captain doesn't get involved in leading religious services.