Shuttle busses

11 minutes ago, Sheep Flavour said:

do P&O still offer free shuttle busses in to a town centre

Only if you have select fare and not for all ports. The only "free" shuttles for everyone are those from the ship to the cruise terminal where it is not considered safe to walk.

If you list ports someone may be able to be more specific.

Haugesund- I’d like to know if there was a shuttle bus there as I paid select fare and there was a bus but they kept telling me that it was chargeable in NOK and that I don’t get it included. I ended up walking 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Haugesund- I’d like to know if there was a shuttle bus there as I paid select fare and there was a bus but they kept telling me that it was chargeable in NOK and that I don’t get it included. I ended up walking 

Was a shuttle bus when we went like 5 years ago. Chargeable for Saver fare can not remember if select also had to pay though.

Edited by carlanthony24

On Arvia at the moment there have been shuttle buses in Barcelona, La Spezia, Marseilles and Alicante so far. No one has been scanning or checking cruise cards so they have be free for select fare and saver fare passengers 

53 minutes ago, Mad4WDW said:

On Arvia at the moment there have been shuttle buses in Barcelona, La Spezia, Marseilles and Alicante so far. No one has been scanning or checking cruise cards so they have be free for select fare and saver fare passengers 

In some ports the shuttle bus is provided by the port authority rather than P&O, in which case it is free for all passengers. Only those provided by P&O charge.

2 minutes ago, Sheep Flavour said:

The ports are Barca, Marseille, Valencia and Cadiz are the ones I am interested in. 👍😃

Barcelona chargeable for saver fare guests and also Valencia. Valencia port also offer a free port shuttle. Cadiz no shuttle just 10-15 min walk into town. Not been Marseille so can't say.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, carlanthony24 said:

Barcelona chargeable for saver fare guests and also Valencia. Valencia port also offer a free port shuttle. Cadiz no shuttle just 10-15 min walk into town. Not been Marseille so can't say.

P&O pulled a snaaky one in Valencia by not mentioning that there was a free port shuttle to the port gates 1 1/2 mile walk away. People going to the beach would have found it useful. The port shuttle was hardly used with only a few people boarding.

16 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

My parents are in Haugesund this morning. They have gone to get on the shuttle bus and they were asked for 140 NOK return. My dad said that they were select fare passengers and thought they wouldn't have to pay, the gentleman in charge informed them that the cruise company hadn't paid for the shuttle service and hence passengers are being charged. It is pouring with rain there today so many passengers will be caught out by that. 

3 hours ago, CarlaMarie said:

My parents are in Haugesund this morning. They have gone to get on the shuttle bus and they were asked for 140 NOK return. My dad said that they were select fare passengers and thought they wouldn't have to pay, the gentleman in charge informed them that the cruise company hadn't paid for the shuttle service and hence passengers are being charged. It is pouring with rain there today so many passengers will be caught out by that. 

If P&O are putting on a bus they will advertise it in the Horizon

On 5/9/2023 at 5:52 PM, Denarius said:

In some ports the shuttle bus is provided by the port authority rather than P&O, in which case it is free for all passengers. Only those provided by P&O charge.

The P&O shuttle buses were not being charged for, the bus provided by the port is a little bit further away from the ship, we drove past the queue of people waiting for it. No one was charged, no cards were asked for or scanned.

For some reason they did it complimentary. 

On 5/10/2023 at 9:38 AM, CarlaMarie said:

yes I thought it was weird but I was sure I had seen it in the horizon paper but I’d thrown it in the bin. Was a bit miffed cos the mother in law was in stupid flip flops trying to walk there. It’s not a port I would want to visit again. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

yes I thought it was weird but I was sure I had seen it in the horizon paper but I’d thrown it in the bin. Was a bit miffed cos the mother in law was in stupid flip flops trying to walk there. It’s not a port I would want to visit again. 

I have gone through the Horizon paper and I cannot find any mention of a shuttle bus. They walked into Haugesund, but did say it is quite a walk and takes a good 15 + minutes. They paid for the bus back due to the pouring rain. They genuinely do feel it caught people by surprise though, especially those with mobility issues. If anyone does have mobility issues or is sailing with someone who does, then I would suggest you look into transport options to get you ashore. 

P&O used to provide a shuttle there (confirmed by a Haugesund thread on here in 2018). 

On 5/9/2023 at 4:43 PM, Vampiress88 said:

It was being operated by a private company , nothing to do with P &O hence the charge. I used it a couple of weeks ago. 

21 hours ago, CarlaMarie said:

I have gone through the Horizon paper and I cannot find any mention of a shuttle bus. They walked into Haugesund, but did say it is quite a walk and takes a good 15 + minutes. They paid for the bus back due to the pouring rain. They genuinely do feel it caught people by surprise though, especially those with mobility issues. If anyone does have mobility issues or is sailing with someone who does, then I would suggest you look into transport options to get you ashore. 

P&O used to provide a shuttle there (confirmed by a Haugesund thread on here in 2018). 

Family were on Iona last year in Haugesund and a shuttle was provided then also. So it must be a recent change for this year. 

• 8 months later...
On 5/14/2023 at 12:25 PM, CarlaMarie said:

They do put the info about the shuttles in quite small print tucked away in the Horizon now, or at least they did on Arcadia recently