Pre-cruise hotel reservation

There is no rule on the topic...no "best" time.

If no money is put up front, you can book as early as 365 days out. If the price goes down, you make another booking at the lower price, THEN cancel the higher priced booking.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

There is no rule on the topic...no "best" time.

If no money is put up front, you can book as early as 365 days out. If the price goes down, you make another booking at the lower price, THEN cancel the higher priced booking.

Exactly what I do. Book as early as possible and every few weeks, look for price drops.

Unfortunately in the past year, prices have only gone up to ludicrous levels.

• Thanks 1

My DW gets mad when we discuss a possible future trip and I go on Hilton's www site and book rooms.  Maybe we do it maybe we don't.  But I have saved $100's by booking early.  Hilton is great for canceling and no booking fees.  Every so often I double check to see if the price has gone down and then I might  cancel and rebook the same room or a better one.  NYE 2022 we decided to drive x-country (CA-TX-FL) and spend NYE at St. Augustine, FL on the beach a few 100 yards from the fireworks.  My booking for NYE was $175 per night for three nights for a balcony room on the beach.  DW gave me grief for booking eight months out.  She was singing a different tune when the street view rooms went to $450 a night in September.  BTW: it was an awesome fireworks show.     

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2023 at 1:51 PM, crooooze said:

Exactly what I do. Book as early as possible and every few weeks, look for price drops.

Unfortunately in the past year, prices have only gone up to ludicrous levels.

We are just touring Vancouver (no cruise) but I was shocked to find hotel price drops for both our Vancouver hotel (Blue Horizon) and Seattle hotel (Mayflower). Booked them in January, checked last week and both had dropped ($145, $350) -here now. With start of cruise season wasn’t expecting that!