Carnival Venezia maiden voyage live

More pics from the walking tour... the tour ended with recent history of how and why the Catalan region wants to separate from Spain and the wealthy residences in the same square as the Government Administration building displaying the unofficial Catalan flag with blue triangle and white star added. The photo in between the flags is a resistance leader. It was a fun and informative tour - seeing the maps of the region changing every 100 years added to the guide's narrative about who was conquering whom over the centuries.  

20230528_062502.jpg

20230528_053845.jpg

20230528_053600.jpg

20230528_054407.jpg

20230528_055352.jpg

20230528_051221.jpg

20230528_053540.jpg

20230528_051754.jpg

20230527_150404.jpg

20230528_091546.jpg

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Mycykfamilytime said:

Would you mind sharing the booking info for the tour?  I’d love to do the same one!  Thanks! 

I think you mean the land part not the cruise?  I planned and booked everything individually.  For me it's the only way to see most of the world,  spending more time where I want to and only seeing what I want to see based on my resources and research.

If you just mean today's walking tour it's $20pp, Donkey Tours, 2.5 hours Gothic District of Barcelona. 

Let me know if I didn't answer your question correctly. 

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Nice ancient Gothic church right?  Except what you're looking at was built in 1898 so Barcelona could participate in a European beautiful Cathedral contest. 

20230527_152936.jpg

I stayed at the Hotel Colon across from this for the Horizon TA.  Very cool little hotel with nice rooftop bar.  One evening some street performers came out...not the usual guitar player, but opera singers - it was amazing in an area around the back of the church with the tall, narrow walkways - the acoustics were fabulous.

P5080129.JPG

• Like 5

1 hour ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I think you mean the land part not the cruise?  I planned and booked everything individually.  For me it's the only way to see most of the world,  spending more time where I want to and only seeing what I want to see based on my resources and research.

If you just mean today's walking tour it's $20pp, Donkey Tours, 2.5 hours Gothic District of Barcelona. 

Let me know if I didn't answer your question correctly. 

Just the walking tour.  Thanks!  I’ve been following along, you’ve done a great job!   

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I'm having a nine-course tasting menu option for dinner,  so I stayed light for lunch. 

20230528_084452.jpg

20230528_085024.jpg

That's my kind of food. Lol. I'm booked for sushi 4 times this year coming up. 

I'll be interested in your tasting menu though. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TravelBluebird said:

We passed by these before dinner and were joking about the fake roman ruin—and it turns out it really is fake! 

I'm not sure how to feel about the fake ruins and gothic facade but I'm reminded of the movie "Bird Cage" when Robin Williams is trying to train his flamboyant partner to act straight for the conservative congressman...

• Haha 4