Carnival Venezia maiden voyage live

6 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

She shared alot of history, these two pics are of a wall in King (Phillip?)'s courtyard. On one of the stones you can see Hebrew. The main quarry was next to a Jewish graveyard from the 1400s plague. After analyzing that Christians in the Jewish Quarter were dying from the Plague at a 10-1 ratio of Jews, a rumor spread that Jews were poisoning the Christians wells, so the king kicked all Jewish people out of Catalan and authorized the construction of the walls to include Jewish headstones from the cemetery.  Here you see the wall and then a zoomed in shot of on of the stones with hebrew inscribed.

20230528_061520.jpg

20230528_061556.jpg

Was a reason that Jews were not getting the plague 10 to 1 ever discovered?  Was it the plague that fleas spread? Found this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Jews_during_the_Black_Death

Edited by ninjacat123
found more info

As for the towns I would revisit Arles, but I think one day - well-planned and well-executed - is enough for Dijon, Avignon, Beziers, Carcassonne and Narbonne.  That said,  all are well worth a day! And with France being Texas-sized, it's easy to catch a 9am train to the next town and have a full day, crash and then repeat with another train to another town the next day.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This hotel was by far the best.  It had a knowledgeable concierge,  was less than a minute walk to Las Ramblas right in the action,  and my very spacious room had a foyer, sitting area and steps. Double sink and both toilet and the b word.20230528_092045.thumb.jpg.6261d36071671e02de3a94b23b9e1d6d.jpg

20230528_092138.jpg

20230528_092112.jpg

20230528_092214.jpg

20230528_092155.jpg

20230528_092244.jpg

20230528_092429.jpg

20230528_092256.jpg

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Was a reason that Jews were not getting the plague 10 to 1 ever discovered?  Was it the plague that fleas spread? Found this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Jews_during_the_Black_Death

The guide said it was because Jews bathed frequently and Christians did not. Yes, it was black plague, though to be spread by rats but it was the fleas on the rats. Wiped out 65% of Europe according to guide. Covid shmovid.

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

As for the towns I would revisit Arles, but I think one day - well-planned and well-executed - is enough for Dijon, Avignon, Beziers, Carcassonne and Narbonne.  That said,  all are well worth a day! And with France being Texas-sized, it's easy to catch a 9am train to the next town and have a full day, crash and then repeat with another train to another town the next day.

So I take it tonight's dinner didnt measure up? If it had I assume you would have raved over it like last nights. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

So I take it tonight's dinner didnt measure up? If it had I assume you would have raved over it like last nights. 

It was beautiful.  It was delicious.  If I didn't have something to compare it to I might be a little more raving.  But you're right,  if I return to Barcelona I'm salivating over the idea of returning to Rao, not Brugarol.

• Like 4

Op, thank you for your wonderful tour.. truly outstanding. I just returned from a little trip and got caught up.with your review. may I ask a question about your lodging in Paris ? What arrondissement was it in ?  I headed there in a bit for a couple nites and trying to decide on one .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2023 at 4:25 PM, IntrepidFromDC said:

I saw a Taco Bell on Ramblas in Barcelona today.  Bon appetit. 😁 🏴‍☠️

I guess I should have said that if I went to those fancy restaurants I wouldn’t know what to eat.  I’m in the middle of foodie restaurants and fast food joints. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

I guess I should have said that if I went to those fancy restaurants I wouldn’t know what to eat.  I’m in the middle of foodie restaurants and fast food joints. 

Im following along the food too. I'd like a lot of it but not the octopus. In Hawaii what I've had was too chewy. Not my thing. Love raw tuna fresh, not octopus. He is adventurous. Agree I'm astounded at his pre planning food wise. 

I wonder if he would like wonderland on rcl. Most men dont seem to like all the small servings .. tastes. One and done. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Im following along the food too. I'd like a lot of it but not the octopus. In Hawaii what I've had was too chewy. Not my thing. Love raw tuna fresh, not octopus. He is adventurous. Agree I'm astounded at his pre planning food wise. 

I wonder if he would like wonderland on rcl. Most men dont seem to like all the small servings .. tastes. One and done. 

I am pretty sure he would eat everything they served him in Wonderland. Me, maybe one or two items.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On board! Reminds me more of a MSC ship than Carnival ship. The "fun" is apparent with the staff being outgoing and encouraging a party atmosphere.  The decor is over the top Venice. Public area decor reminds me alot of Pride.  I was allowed to bring whiskey onboard. 

20230529_070247.jpg

20230529_070238.jpg

20230529_070628.jpg

20230529_065712.jpg

20230529_065656.jpg

20230529_065943.jpg

20230529_065750.jpg

20230529_070049.jpg

20230529_070003.jpg

20230529_053244.jpg

20230529_070221.jpg

Edited by IntrepidFromDC