Aitutaki Excursion

Does anyone have any experience with the tour below from PG?  We booked it for a July cruise, but are thinking about switching to a Teking Snorkeling Safari Cruise.  The Teking is about $50 pp cheaper, and hour longer and has 3 snorkel spots - everything else except the beach time is the same.   I am wondering if anyone has any experience with either excursion that they would be willing to share?  It may help us finalize our decision.  Thank you in advance!

Lagoon cruise with beach break

AITUTAKI, COOK ISLANDS

Duration: 5h00 Total : $166

Aitutaki's deep blue lagoon is considered to be one of the most beautiful lagoons in the world. Part volcanic and part atoll, the island's geographical structure makes this lagoon unique.

This tour will give you the opportunity to experience the best Aitutaki has to offer in the short time available during your visit.

You will board your boat (types and sizes vary) and cruise through the lagoon, visiting offshore motus. At One Foot Island, you will stop for a lunch of barbecued fish, salads, and fresh fruit.

After lunch, enjoy approximately 2 hours to relax or snorkel.

1 hour ago, excited balcony said:

Does anyone have any experience with the tour below from PG?  We booked it for a July cruise, but are thinking about switching to a Teking Snorkeling Safari Cruise.  The Teking is about $50 pp cheaper, and hour longer and has 3 snorkel spots - everything else except the beach time is the same.   I am wondering if anyone has any experience with either excursion that they would be willing to share?  It may help us finalize our decision.  Thank you in advance!

Lagoon cruise with beach break

AITUTAKI, COOK ISLANDS

Duration: 5h00 Total : $166

Aitutaki's deep blue lagoon is considered to be one of the most beautiful lagoons in the world. Part volcanic and part atoll, the island's geographical structure makes this lagoon unique.

This tour will give you the opportunity to experience the best Aitutaki has to offer in the short time available during your visit.

You will board your boat (types and sizes vary) and cruise through the lagoon, visiting offshore motus. At One Foot Island, you will stop for a lunch of barbecued fish, salads, and fresh fruit.

After lunch, enjoy approximately 2 hours to relax or snorkel.

Have you communicated with Teking? I know that his boat fits many but you might want to make sure the minimum is already meant so your not running around trying to gather other people. I would book the ship excursion and if Teking is a go drop the ship excursion but make sure it is more than 24 hours prior.

Pictured is beautiful One Foot Island

IMG_1628.jpg

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

13 minutes ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Have you communicated with Teking? I know that his boat fits many but you might want to make sure the minimum is already meant so your not running around trying to gather other people. I would book the ship excursion and if Teking is a go drop the ship excursion but make sure it is more than 24 hours prior.

🙂 The Teking excursion is a go - they did meet the min requirement.  I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with either of the tours and could shed some light on what they might be like.  I was able to read reviews of the Teking tour, but it has been harder to find information about how others liked the PG tour.

36 minutes ago, excited balcony said:

🙂 The Teking excursion is a go - they did meet the min requirement.  I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with either of the tours and could shed some light on what they might be like.  I was able to read reviews of the Teking tour, but it has been harder to find information about how others liked the PG tour.

I've taken all the private lagoon tours on Aitutaki  ... but never the one from the ship. I'll simply say I've taken Teking about 6 times ... always good. Last time was on April 18, 2023  ...

Thank you!  I have been reading only great things about Teking and haven't been able to find any feedback on the ship's tour.  I liked the idea of taking the ship's tour just to be able to meet people from the ship, but I think given how great the Teking tour sounds along with recommendations like yours, I will just book with them.

Thank you for always being so helpful!

47 minutes ago, excited balcony said:

Thank you!  I have been reading only great things about Teking and haven't been able to find any feedback on the ship's tour.  I liked the idea of taking the ship's tour just to be able to meet people from the ship, but I think given how great the Teking tour sounds along with recommendations like yours, I will just book with them.

Thank you for always being so helpful!

I've known Teariki for about 2 decades ... he is a first class guy. What he says is what he does. Want to get on his good side bring him a 6 pack of Hinano ... let him know Jerry told you to do it 😉

I see your favorite cruise line  ... August 2024 My group will be on the Flora in the Galapagos 😉