Carnival's 110% Lowest Price Guarantee - What am I not Getting?

bowen9475

3 hours ago, bowen9475 said:

OP here. There may very well be reasons it was denied that I don’t understand. Just wish those specific reasons were explained to me. 

It has to be a rate available to the general public.  So since your new offer was associated with your VIFP number, it was not available to the general public.  Highlighted the requirement for you below.  However, if you booked ES, you should be able to get the price drop. 

LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE

The Lowest Price Guarantee applies to the cruise fare only. The Lowest Price Guarantee protection will not apply to prevailing Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses. Lower rates must be publicly advertised fares available to the general public and exclude group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates. 

4 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

It has to be a rate available to the general public.  So since your new offer was associated with your VIFP number, it was not available to the general public.  Highlighted the requirement for you below.  However, if you booked ES, you should be able to get the price drop. 

LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE

The Lowest Price Guarantee applies to the cruise fare only. The Lowest Price Guarantee protection will not apply to prevailing Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses. Lower rates must be publicly advertised fares available to the general public and exclude group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates. 

So, I admit, I did not see that part. But, that is not at all the reason they gave me for the denial. The original denial email said it was because the booking needed to be after final payment date and then, that I booked ES. I just wish that if this is the reason, I had been told that. Also, I don’t believe I qualify for ES since I booked only 71 days out. Also, never got a response to the ES form I did submit. Not at all impressed with Carnival’s customer service.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bowen9475 said:

So, I admit, I did not see that part. But, that is not at all the reason they gave me for the denial. The original denial email said it was because the booking needed to be after final payment date and then, that I booked ES. I just wish that if this is the reason, I had been told that. Also, I don’t believe I qualify for ES since I booked only 71 days out. Also, never got a response to the ES form I did submit. Not at all impressed with Carnival’s customer service.  

So, what rate did you think you were booking.  You said you didn't "think you were booking ES"  

It is important to know what rate you are booking under when you do so you know what rules apply 😁

Also, I have heard of people not getting a response to their first request on the ES form, if it has been more than 72 hrs, I would send it again.

7 hours ago, wemjam said:

ES is stated as only available until 76 days before sailing, Carnival must have decided to extend this offer past this mark, which they have the right to do.

When booking I would hope the OP would have been cognizance of what rate they were booking under by asking if they did it by phone, or it is clearly listed what rate you are choosing if you purchase it yourself online.  Knowing the rate you are booked under is critical to understanding all the rules that apply to that fare. 

Since the rules say the 110% guarantee doesn't apply to all ships/sailings/rates, it could be the case that ES doesn't allow for this, and you have to apply for the ES rate reduction through the form.  That would make sense too.

Well let's hope that OP gets the ES reduction since that was the reason the denied the 110% price match.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bowen9475 said:

I would resubmit the ES form.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, staceyglow said:

I can promise you that there are few to no "unwritten rules" at Carnival.

They may be in the fine print, or you may interpret them differently than they intended, but the rules are almost certain to exist. Like every other company its size, Carnival has an entire battalion of attorneys whose job it is to write and review these "rules".  

I totally agree with what you say. I don't need any convincing.🙂

• Like 1

I think the challenge with any of carnivals (or any cruise line, I guess) price protection is that it is essentially just a marketing tool for the cruise line and doesn’t always pan out for their customers in the case that they try to use it. I had similar issues last year with their shore excursion price protection and hit a very hard wall trying to get them to honor it- and eventually gave up. 

I always try to remember that if a cruise line (or any business) is offering something, it’s ultimately because it benefits them, no matter how much it might seem like it benefits the customer. When booking, you have to be happy with what you paid and never look back. 

44 minutes ago, bowen9475 said:

OP again. As it has been 3 full days since I submitted the ES form, I did resubmit it. The lower fare is still available. Hoping this works out. Thanks for all the input!

Hoping it comes through for you!  Really need to try to find a PVP, they can adjust those for you on the spot with a call 😉

• Like 3