Visa for cruise to Vietnam

daveb714

12 hours ago, Torfamm said:

Per the news article below we can apply online for multi entry visas starting on August 15 -

"The National Assembly on April 24 approved extending tourist e-visas from 30 to 90 days, starting from August 15, 2023, at its ongoing fifth session.

Upon being granted an e-visa, a foreigner can enter and exit an unlimited number of times within 90 days, without having to go through procedures for obtaining a new visa"

https://en.vietnamplus.vn/vietnam-approves-extending-evisas-to-90-days/255219.vnp#:~:text=Hanoi (VNA) - The National,for obtaining a new visa

Finally, what I have been waiting to hear. I report this was in the works a few weeks ago. This will save me a few $ since we are doing back to back and both have stops in Vietnam.

12 hours ago, Torfamm said:

Per the news article below we can apply online for multi entry visas starting on August 15 -

"The National Assembly on April 24 approved extending tourist e-visas from 30 to 90 days, starting from August 15, 2023, at its ongoing fifth session.

Upon being granted an e-visa, a foreigner can enter and exit an unlimited number of times within 90 days, without having to go through procedures for obtaining a new visa"

https://en.vietnamplus.vn/vietnam-approves-extending-evisas-to-90-days/255219.vnp#:~:text=Hanoi (VNA) - The National,for obtaining a new visa

Finally, what I have been waiting to hear. I report this was in the works a few weeks ago. This will save me a few $ since we are doing back to back and both have stops in Vietnam.

On 6/16/2023 at 4:45 PM, ARandomTraveler said:

Currently, you do need to be vaccinated against covid to visit Malaysia, but that might change by February. 

Where are you getting this information?  

I am seeing that Malaysia lifted their COVID requirements 1 August 2022.

2 hours ago, minabruuke said:

Where are you getting this information?  

I am seeing that Malaysia lifted their COVID requirements 1 August 2022.

I assumed it based on the email Royal sent me about the documents I needed to compile for my upcoming trip (though the information may be dated because my sailing doesn't go to Malaysia, and it seemed like they were copy and pasting from an email they've been sending out for a while). I didn't check the actual vaccination guidelines from Malaysia's website because it doesn't apply to me, but obviously anyone sailing to Malaysia should double check that. I'm vaccinated anyway so it wouldn't matter either way for me. 

Their email said we need to adhere to Malaysia's vaccination guidelines, and these are the guidelines Royal sent me: 

4619E349-39E2-4E88-9C7C-48CA64685B9E.thumb.png.410648945f66314dfcefbce20cc5d51c.png

Edited by ARandomTraveler

7 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I assumed it based on the email Royal sent me about the documents I needed to compile for my upcoming trip (though the information may be dated because my sailing doesn't go to Malaysia, and it seemed like they were copy and pasting from an email they've been sending out for a while). I didn't check the actual vaccination guidelines from Malaysia's website because it doesn't apply to me, but obviously anyone sailing to Malaysia should double check that. I'm vaccinated anyway so it wouldn't matter either way for me. 

Their email said we need to adhere to Malaysia's vaccination guidelines, and these are the guidelines Royal sent me: 

4619E349-39E2-4E88-9C7C-48CA64685B9E.thumb.png.410648945f66314dfcefbce20cc5d51c.png

Thanks for sharing!

From everything I can find, it does appear that this outdated but I feel better having seen it.  My concern with vaccine requirements isn't as much whether or not a vaccine is required but rather if they do what exactly are they requiring (for example, time since last booster and # of boosters).  

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 12/2/2023 at 6:26 PM, kwofperth said:

Does anyone know if Vietnam visas are even checked for at the Singapore terminal before boarding??

Really depends - not only on the port but also on who’s supposed to be checking.

On one mid-Covid era cruise from Sydney, lot’s of surprised folks when they found out they had to have negative Covid tests (required by the Port Authority) though Australia and NSW didn’t require it. Terminal checkin staff checked everyone.

BTW, Vietnam ETA visa is easily done online with the government site (and less expensive than if O does it for you).

• Like 1

http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2014/Masters/email_temp/html/images/spacer.gif

About Your Upcoming Travels

http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2014/Masters/email_temp/html/images/spacer.gif

Dear Guest,

We’re excited to welcome you onboard Spectrum of the Seas for our January 2nd, 2024 sailing! As you prepare for your vacation, we wanted to share some important reminders with you regarding travel requirements.

Travel Documents

All guests traveling, regardless of age, must bring a passport book – not a passport card – that’s valid for at least six (6) months after the return date of our sailing. Not having the proper travel documentation will result in a denial of boarding. Some guests will need to bring additional supporting documents. Learn more about the required travel documents here.

Vietnam Visa

Visa on Arrival (VOA) will not be offered for this sailing. Guests must secure any necessary Visas and have all required travel documents prior to boarding. Kindly note, digital copies of E-Visas will not be accepted, so guests must bring a printed copy of their approved Vietnam E-Visa on boarding day to be given to the ground agent during check-in. Guests who arrive without the proper requirements will be denied boarding.

• Some of our guests can enjoy a Visa-free entry to Vietnam based on their nationality – this includes our U.K. guests.
    • To see if you’re eligible for visa-free entry, review the list of countries here.
    • All guests who require a Visa must obtain one, even if they plan to remain onboard in Vietnam.
  • Guests who require a Visa must apply no later than three (3) weeks prior to the sail date to ensure timely approval.
    • Good news – Vietnam now allows all guests who require a Visa to obtain an E-Visa.
    • If you’ve already obtained a physical Visa, you do not need to apply for a new E-Visa.
    • We’ve created a guide with more information on how to apply for the Vietnam E-Visa.
    • When applying for the Visa, please make sure to provide your name and personal data as it is reflected on your travel documentation.
  • Additionally, you’ll need to provide the name of each seaport for entry and exit.
    • For our sailing, the entry is Nha Trang Seaport, and our seaport for exit is Vung Tau Seaport.
  • For more information on applying for a Visa in advance, please click here.
  • Before submitting your application, please ensure all of your information is correct. An E-Visa with incorrect information will lead to a denial of boarding.

Thailand Visa

Guests who are eligible for the Thailand Visa-On-Arrival Application (VOA) are required to bring two (2) passport-sized color photos and fill in the form at check-in. After the application is completed, a handling fee of approximately $85 USD, based on the ship’s conversion rate, will be assessed to your SeaPass account once onboard.

For sailings visiting Thailand, please click here to see if you are required to apply for any Visas before joining us onboard.

• All Myanmar nationals will require a Visa and will not be eligible for Thailand Visa-on-Arrival (VOA).

Check-in & Boarding

If you haven’t already, please complete your online check-in via the Royal Caribbean App or online at RoyalCaribbean.com/booked. Before heading to the cruise terminal, print your luggage tags (found in your Vacation Documents) and secure them to your bags. Then, once you arrive in the terminal, keep all your travel documents – including your mobile or printed SetSail Pass – in hand. You'll need these items from the moment you arrive to the port all the way to boarding the ship, so don’t pack them away in your luggage!

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. We’ll see you onboard Spectrum of the Seas soon!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2020/Employee_Communications/20073400_Pre_Sailing_Cas_EM_Templates/Option_1/images/Royal_Caribbean_Logo.png