Visa for cruise to Vietnam

daveb714

3 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I got an email from Royal Caribbean today and they gave the info about who might need to apply for visas, and it seems pretty clear that everyone has to apply for their own (they don't do it for you).

3E931989-CC01-4133-8734-F9CC4BD12927.thumb.png.7c70a311841bcbd40b3420058e4ab481.png4D47C50B-AC8F-4B89-A59D-A39B585E004E.thumb.png.603a67b24ef2b9823e5a09b2b4f165dc.png

E-visa for U.S. citizens...is this correct? Thank you.

* We've visited Vietnam on RCCL and Princess ships in the past and visas were obtained while onboard.

* See you on the Spectrum.:classic_smile:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

True for China, but that is not the point of the thread.  We started in Singapore in 2017, went to Vietnam first stop 3 nights in country, the cruiseline provided the visa (which was never ever requested or looked at).  If you are flying into Vietnam I am sure that you would need the Visa.  

For us as well in 2019 although we flew into Hong Kong, sailed 3 ports in Vietnam and finished in Singapore.  Royal provided our visas.  We did have to present it once although I forget where. 

Edited by CruiseKeeper

4 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

E-visa for U.S. citizens...is this correct? Thank you.

* We've visited Vietnam on RCCL and Princess ships in the past and visas were obtained while onboard.

* See you on the Spectrum.:classic_smile:

Is it possible that they used to obtain the visas for everyone pre-pandemic and now they don't? I just don't feel comfortable showing up to the ship and hoping they did it for me, especially since the email is giving us the info to do it ourselves.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Is it possible that they used to obtain the visas for everyone pre-pandemic and now they don't? I just don't feel comfortable showing up to the ship and hoping they did it for me, especially since the email is giving us the info to do it ourselves.

Agree...we plan on getting the visas before we leave.

• Like 2

I was the one that asked the original question and I wasn’t willing to risk showing up without a visa. I did the E-visa. It was a simple online process and I had my visa in 5 days. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, daveb714 said:

I was the one that asked the original question and I wasn’t willing to risk showing up without a visa. I did the E-visa. It was a simple online process and I had my visa in 5 days. 

Question - I'm filling out the form right now, and there's a question on the application that asks for an "intended residential address in Vietnam." What did you put there?

The email from RC said to use Nha Trang seaport for your "entry and exit," but that's not what the form asks for. Also, Nha Trang is not even an option in the "city/province" section, but I googled it and it's in Khanh HOA, so that's what I selected. 

I can't imagine everyone is filling out this form correctly with this garbage info RC gave us. 

9 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Question - I'm filling out the form right now, and there's a question on the application that asks for an "intended residential address in Vietnam." What did you put there?

The email from RC said to use Nha Trang seaport for your "entry and exit," but that's not what the form asks for. Also, Nha Trang is not even an option in the "city/province" section, but I googled it and it's in Khanh HOA, so that's what I selected. 

I can't imagine everyone is filling out this form correctly with this garbage info RC gave us. 

Call the Visa office at the embassy or a regional consulate (e.g., San Francisco)

• Thanks 1

For residence address I put Spectrum of the Seas cruise ship. The things RCCL said on their email don’t seem to completely match what was on the E-Visa form but the visa was granted to enter Vietnam.  If I remember correctly the form said entering at Nha Trang Seaport and leaving at Ho Chi Minh Seaport but I could be mistaken about the exact names.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, daveb714 said:

For residence address I put Spectrum of the Seas cruise ship. The things RCCL said on their email don’t seem to completely match what was on the E-Visa form but the visa was granted to enter Vietnam.  If I remember correctly the form said entering at Nha Trang Seaport and leaving at Ho Chi Minh Seaport but I could be mistaken about the exact names.  

Thank you. I wasn't sure how picky they would be about it being an actual address (and also that the address was a residence vs a business or seaport address), it's good to know they approved your visa using the name of the ship, so I'll do that.

My cruise route only visits Nha Trang in Vietnam, so we arrive and leave the country from Nha Trang seaport (which is a question on the visa), but the application also asks what city/province you're visiting, and Nha Trang isn't an option. So annoying.

Coincidentally I just did my check-in for my cruise and they sent me a confirmation email, but in that email they also sent reminders to get your visa, and about needing vaccinations to visit (Malaysia) and to fill out a disembarkation form for Singapore before we leave the cruise, even though our cruise actually ends in Japan. I guess they're using info for the route Spectrum is currently sailing. Not super helpful.

Edited by ARandomTraveler

So, I've never had a Visa before when entering countries so and somewhat confused.  If I get a "required" Visa for my upcoming Spectrum OTS cruise in February 2024, from Singapore visiting Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, can I only get 1 Visa or do I need one from each country we're visiting?  

29 minutes ago, Surfguyxxx said:

If I get a "required" Visa for my upcoming Spectrum OTS cruise in February 2024, from Singapore visiting Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, can I only get 1 Visa or do I need one from each country we're visiting?  

You need a visa in each country which requires it.

10 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

So, I've never had a Visa before when entering countries so and somewhat confused.  If I get a "required" Visa for my upcoming Spectrum OTS cruise in February 2024, from Singapore visiting Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, can I only get 1 Visa or do I need one from each country we're visiting?  

If you hold a US passport, you need one for Vietnam. Apply using this link.

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt

You do not need one for Singapore. I don't think you need one for Malaysia either, but double check just to be sure. 

Currently, you do need to be vaccinated against covid to visit Malaysia, but that might change by February. 

For Singapore, even though you don't need a visa, you have to fill out this form before you fly there, and I believe you also need to fill it out again before your ship returns to Singapore. 
https://eservices.ica.gov.sg/sgarrivalcard/

Edited by ARandomTraveler

13 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

You do not need one for Singapore. I don't think you need one for Malaysia either, but double check just to be sure. 

Currently, you do need to be vaccinated against covid to visit Malaysia, but that might change by February. 

For Singapore, even though you don't need a visa, you have to fill out this form before you fly there, and I believe you also need to fill it out again before your ship returns to Singapore. 

Many many thanks.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2023 at 11:24 PM, daveb714 said:

Got my approved visa today. I used "Spectrum of the Seas cruise ship" as my residential location as you suggested and that seems to have been fine. 

• Like 3

On 6/16/2023 at 4:45 PM, ARandomTraveler said:

Alright, last question I promise  LOL.  As I'm doing a b2b, 5 nighter and a 9 nighter, will I need to basically fill out these forms 2x each or are they good for a certain amount of time, say 3 months or so?  Thanks again for your help everyone.

4 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Alright, last question I promise  LOL.  As I'm doing a b2b, 5 nighter and a 9 nighter, will I need to basically fill out these forms 2x each or are they good for a certain amount of time, say 3 months or so?  Thanks again for your help everyone.

On the visa application for Vietnam, they asked how many days I would be in the country, and I said 1, but when I got my visa, they made it good for 15 days (starting on the day I said I'd be there). 

I don't remember now if there was a question specifically asking if you'd be leaving and coming back, I think it did. I think if asks what day you'll enter, and what day you'll leave, in which case, you might need to fill out more than one form (and then pay more than once). But there may have been a way to fill it out where you could cover all your entries and exits, but I didn't notice because I wasn't doing that. 

I haven't filled out the Singapore entry form yet. I tried, but got a note that said it could only be filled out within 3 days of your entry into the country, so my guess with that one is that you have to fill it out every time you plan to enter Singapore (when you fly in, and both times that you sail back). That form, I think, is just a health declaration, no payment needed or anything like that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

On the visa application for Vietnam, they asked how many days I would be in the country, and I said 1, but when I got my visa, they made it good for 15 days (starting on the day I said I'd be there). 

I don't remember now if there was a question specifically asking if you'd be leaving and coming back, I think it did. I think if asks what day you'll enter, and what day you'll leave, in which case, you might need to fill out more than one form (and then pay more than once). But there may have been a way to fill it out where you could cover all your entries and exits, but I didn't notice because I wasn't doing that. 

I haven't filled out the Singapore entry form yet. I tried, but got a note that said it could only be filled out within 3 days of your entry into the country, so my guess with that one is that you have to fill it out every time you plan to enter Singapore (when you fly in, and both times that you sail back). That form, I think, is just a health declaration, no payment needed or anything like that.

Thank you so very much; again.  Safe travels.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 7:14 AM, Surfguyxxx said:

You may need to apply for a multi-entry visa if you are leaving Vietnam and returning. I have the same issue and have reached out to their consulate for clarification.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2023 at 2:27 PM, Torfamm said:

You may need to apply for a multi-entry visa if you are leaving Vietnam and returning. I have the same issue and have reached out to their consulate for clarification.

Good to know; thanks.  So much paperwork.

14 minutes ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Good to know; thanks.  So much paperwork.

Per the news article below we can apply online for multi entry visas starting on August 15 -

"The National Assembly on April 24 approved extending tourist e-visas from 30 to 90 days, starting from August 15, 2023, at its ongoing fifth session.

Upon being granted an e-visa, a foreigner can enter and exit an unlimited number of times within 90 days, without having to go through procedures for obtaining a new visa"

https://en.vietnamplus.vn/vietnam-approves-extending-evisas-to-90-days/255219.vnp#:~:text=Hanoi (VNA) - The National,for obtaining a new visa

4 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

Per the news article below we can apply online for multi entry visas starting on August 15 -

"The National Assembly on April 24 approved extending tourist e-visas from 30 to 90 days, starting from August 15, 2023, at its ongoing fifth session.

Upon being granted an e-visa, a foreigner can enter and exit an unlimited number of times within 90 days, without having to go through procedures for obtaining a new visa"

https://en.vietnamplus.vn/vietnam-approves-extending-evisas-to-90-days/255219.vnp#:~:text=Hanoi (VNA) - The National,for obtaining a new visa

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I'm sure this will help a lot of people and not just myself.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Torfamm said:

Finally, what I have been waiting to hear. I report this was in the works a few weeks ago. This will save me a few $ since we are doing back to back and both have stops in Vietnam.