MDR menus on 6 day cruise (Mariner)

I'm a little confused as to what menus will be offered on a 6 day cruise.

The info i can find says:

Day 1 - Welcome Aboard

First formal night - French

First Caribbean port - Caribbean

All sailings 6 nights or longer - second formal night - Royal Menu

Last night - Bon Voyage

All sailings 6 nights and longer will offer the Italian Menu on one night and the British Menu on one night

But that makes 7 menus and there are only 6 nights.  I tried looking at the app for a 6 night sailing but it only has the first 4 nights on there and the other two it only has the kids menus rather than the theme menus showing.......

Can anyone clarify which menus are likely to be offered (it's because we are looking to book some speciality dining too and we'd like to make sure we get the theme nights we want in the MDR, so it would be good to have clarity over the menus)

3 hours ago, Harriet75C said:

I'm a little confused as to what menus will be offered on a 6 day cruise.

The info i can find says:

Day 1 - Welcome Aboard

First formal night - French

First Caribbean port - Caribbean

All sailings 6 nights or longer - second formal night - Royal Menu

Last night - Bon Voyage

All sailings 6 nights and longer will offer the Italian Menu on one night and the British Menu on one night

But that makes 7 menus and there are only 6 nights.  I tried looking at the app for a 6 night sailing but it only has the first 4 nights on there and the other two it only has the kids menus rather than the theme menus showing.......

Can anyone clarify which menus are likely to be offered (it's because we are looking to book some speciality dining too and we'd like to make sure we get the theme nights we want in the MDR, so it would be good to have clarity over the menus)

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Check out 6 night menus on a current sailing on your ship.  You can do this on the app.

Typically on 6 night cruises, Royal night is on the evening before the last full day of the cruise. The timing of "formal" nights can vary depending on where the ship is on a given day - it isn't always on night two. As for the remaining dinner menus, night 1 is always "all American" and the last night is always Bon Voyage. We have only seen British night on 8+ night cruises recently. There is always either a Caribbean night or a Mexican (or Tex Mex) night, and an Italian night, but French night may or may not occur on a given cruise.

No real way to know for sure with all the changes they are continuing to make with their menus, but the last 6-night cruise we took had:

All American

French

Italian

Caribbean

Royal

Bon Voyage

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

No real way to know for sure with all the changes they are continuing to make with their menus,

As @Sunshine3601 mentioned, setting the app to the current 6 day sailing will show the menus - very unlikely that will change between now and when the OP sails.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

As @Sunshine3601 mentioned, setting the app to the current 6 day sailing will show the menus - very unlikely that will change between now and when the OP sails.

Have tried that this morning on several different ships including the Mariner (again), and even if you set the app to the most current 6-night sailing on those short cruises it only shows you the first four days menus. Days 5 and 6 only display the kids menus - it has been this way for quite awhile.

12 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Have tried that this morning on several different ships including the Mariner (again), and even if you set the app to the most current 6-night sailing on those short cruises it only shows you the first four days menus. Days 5 and 6 only display the kids menus - it has been this way for quite awhile.

I incorrectly assumed the current sailing is a 6 day one - that issue, showing only the kids menu usually fixes itself if app set to the current sailing. BTW, if you look under MTD (or late traditional) for the next 6 day sailing, only day 5 lists the kids menu - day 6 lists the regular menu. Yes, the app info could use improvement.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the info! 

Now I just have to decide which days to eat in the MDR and which other restaurants to eat at and when - haven't done Izumi before so looking forward to that although can't decide between Sushi and Hibachi!

1 hour ago, Harriet75C said:

Thanks for all the info! 

Now I just have to decide which days to eat in the MDR and which other restaurants to eat at and when - haven't done Izumi before so looking forward to that although can't decide between Sushi and Hibachi!

Hibachi fills up quickly so if you decide to do that venue you will need to make your reservations as soon as you board (or reserve pre-cruise). You may want to look at the Izumi sushi menu before you board if you like traditional sushi, because there aren't many traditional sushi choices on the menu.