NCL no longer punching cards for lanyards?

RichL

Researching for our first post COVID cruise and I’m reading both yes and no regarding your sea pass being punched. Some are saying no problem and others are saying the card will be inactivated. Can any recent NCL Pearl cruisers verify?  We sail 18 August, Boston to
Bermuda. Thanks in advance. 

25 minutes ago, RichL said:

Researching for our first post COVID cruise and I’m reading both yes and no regarding your sea pass being punched. Some are saying no problem and others are saying the card will be inactivated. Can any recent NCL Pearl cruisers verify?  We sail 18 August, Boston to
Bermuda. Thanks in advance. 

Like any modern hotel or cruise ship, if they use an RFID card, it has circuitry throughout the card and punching a hole through the wiring will render it inoperative. BTW: It is not a Sea Pass card, you are not on Royal. 

Don’t do it! We brought the hole puncher last summer for our cards on the Pearl. We then had to proceed to a crowded Guest Services to get new ones. The key will not open your door once punched. Since then, we use the lanyard with clear pouch or I just keep it in my wristlet. Have a great trip!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Cruising Lynne said:

I haven't seen this asked lately, so it could be good info for some people besides the OP. Searches here do not always go as you think they will.

There was a thread about this topic on page 1 of this forum 7 hours ago, It's now on page 2 so a little scrolling would find it.  

16 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

There was a thread about this topic on page 1 of this forum 7 hours ago, It's now on page 2 so a little scrolling would find it.  

🤦‍♀️Oops. Last time I was on here was 8 hours ago, so I though it had not come up in a while.

• Haha 1