Yacht Club...what is not included?

kaz828

34 minutes ago, hunter68 said:

I see a lot of people in an inside or balcony cabin. I booked the duplex suite with whirlpool and thoughts on this cabin? Not much on YouTube either. I am on deck 12 of the Meraviglia

When Meraviglia first launched, the Duplex Suites we're Aurea. Later, they were upgraded to Yacht Club. The early reviews were from when it was Aurea. If you search YouTube with Meraviglia Duplex Aurea, you'll see many reviews of the staterooms.

On 5/13/2023 at 6:39 AM, xcell said:

Minibar snacks "refills" not included

I was told they will replace all snacks except for the Toberlone bar at no cost. If you eat a second Toberlone, expect to pay for it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Greygooser said:

I was told they will replace all snacks except for the Toberlone bar at no cost. If you eat a second Toberlone, expect to pay for it.

They won't replace the Pringles :(.... My guilt late night cruise pleasure

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

Maybe they don't replace the Pringles or jar of nuts....but the lounge had a variety of nuts and chips available in the evening (with dishes....so you could bring them back to the cabin).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

"Pringle-gate" we loved them and we dont eat them ANYWHERE else but in our cabin-never have them at hone. Last year we brought 2 extra cans... Not depriving us of our cruise luxury! So silly!!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Maybe they don't replace the Pringles or jar of nuts....but the lounge had a variety of nuts and chips available in the evening (with dishes....so you could bring them back to the cabin).

You don't even need to bring allot of those little dishes.  Just ask the servers for a bowl to take back and they will give you anything there.  They had a great turkey wrap, I just asked for a whole one. They also has great candied Mango, again I was given a huge bowl to take. We actually would take them as a snack on excursions.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

It depends....what else is new with MSC?

My kids went through 4 cans on our most recent YC cruise and we weren't charged nor did we ask for the cans to be replaced.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

It depends....what else is new with MSC?

My kids went through 4 cans on our most recent YC cruise and we weren't charged nor did we ask for the cans to be replaced.

What do you find 'unusual' about this photo ? Besides chair hogging.

IMG_2730.HEIC

Edited by morpheusofthesea

On 5/13/2023 at 8:36 PM, hunter68 said:

I see a lot of people in an inside or balcony cabin. I booked the duplex suite with whirlpool and thoughts on this cabin? Not much on YouTube either. I am on deck 12 of the Meraviglia

We were on the Meraviglia right before Covid in this suite. Room 12007

We enjoyed it but wouldn't book that room again - the hot tub did not heat properly so we used it once or twice but not how we'd imagined it, because of the location (bow) there was a lot of wind, which did not help.   I will say though overall the then perks of Aurea were pretty great.

here is a link to my review with pictures

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=679753

While the room was nice, we decided to upgrade and try YC for our next cruise.

Good Luck!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

The answer for everyone is that this pergola is reserved for a YC cabin not RS or OS. So everyone can add this to their list of 'strange happenings' .

Do you think the Guests made up the sign themselves???

We've only done one cruise on MSC YC, but have another coming up soon - in a YC Duplex on Virtuosa. We most often sail with Celebrity.  For the purpose of this post, I am going to equate a YC Duplex with a Celebrity Royal Suite (both the second most expensive rooms on the ship (if you consider Celebrity M and S class ships and both have a similar size and a hot tub on the balcony).

Not included with MSC:

Specialty dining (we'd get this included with equivalent suite on Celebrity - but price much lower on MSC so no harm, no foul. Have booked a 2 night specialty dining package and we will doubtless head to a couple of others a la carte.)

Laundry (we'd get this for our loyalty level with Celebrity and it would also come with a Royal suite. Again, price difference, no harm, no foul - have booked a laundry package)

2 bottles of spirits with the minibar (but we never drink them on board, 1 will be fine)

Free movies in room.  (All movies are free on TV in room on Celebrity but I gather that's not the case on MSC)

Included with both

Retreat/YC sundeck, lounge and dining room

Butler

Pillow menu

Unpacking/packing

Shoeshine

Free room service (we will put in a standing order for night time charcuterie and cheese plates - like to have something to nibble on at the end of the day)

Snacks in the lounge

Included with MSC, not with Celebrity

Daily newspaper

1st go at snacks in the minibar (there are no mini bar snacks in a RS on Celebrity)

Two full bathrooms (a RS on Celebrity Silhouette has a bathroom and a half bath)

Spa access (only included in Aqua suites on Celebrity)

All of the suites in one area (well, actually, except ours! - but this is no deal breaker for us as we are used to having to roam the ship for the Retreat areas on Celebrity)

Cost of our MSC cruise is WAY less (probably about 50% less) than the cost of 2 weeks in a RS on Celebrity, so even though there are some things not included, we will still be up on the deal. And it has an amazing itinerary. We just would not cruise with MSC outside the YC, but in the YC it is great.

Edited by talljules1
  • Like 5