Question about Horizon Havana rooms

Yes, you will have full access to the Havana area, the insides are a great bargain! From personal experience the Havana area was never crowded and that has been the feedback I have read from most that have enjoyed the Havana cabins. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, LaRue1975 said:

Yes, you will have full access to the Havana area, the insides are a great bargain! From personal experience the Havana area was never crowded and that has been the feedback I have read from most that have enjoyed the Havana cabins. 

Thank you!  I think we may give Carnival another chance. We have sailed with them since 2017, I believe. 

6 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

It's been several years since we've sailed Carnival.  Looking for a last minute cruise, and options are limited.  If we book an inside havana cabin, do we get access to the havana deck and bar.  If so, is that pool as busy as the main pool?  

It's like a different world back there. My wife and I stayed there last year and only ventured out to get lunch and at night.

Went to get a Guys burger for the wife which was right near the main pool with the big screen blaing and the DJ playing music  and the sound of kids having fun.

I told her grab your burger and let's get back. So quiet and peaceful. It's a great location aft deck 5 with a great view of the wake.

8 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

It's like a different world back there. My wife and I stayed there last year and only ventured out to get lunch and at night.

Went to get a Guys burger for the wife which was right near the main pool with the big screen blaing and the DJ playing music  and the sound of kids having fun.

I told her grab your burger and let's get back. So quiet and peaceful. It's a great location aft deck 5 with a great view of the wake.

Havana sounds lovely. I see you have some MSC cruises coming up. After posting this a friend mentioned them so I went the their website and found their yacht club is surprisingly affordable, yet a couple thousand over the budget my husband set. Would you say it’s much better than the Havana experience?  I really hate the thought of getting into our budget for next summers trip to Europe, which is the top of my bucket list. 

We have stayed in Havana Cabanas and Havana aft view balcony rooms. If there is availability and you can afford the upcharge and it is in your budget I would recommend one, especially a Cabana. You literally walk out of your canaba and are at the pool and bar in just a few steps. You wont get much, if any, privacy with a cabana so as long as you arent the amourous type on the balcony you wont have an issue. We only do Havana areas now on Vista class ships. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Havana sounds lovely. I see you have some MSC cruises coming up. After posting this a friend mentioned them so I went the their website and found their yacht club is surprisingly affordable, yet a couple thousand over the budget my husband set. Would you say it’s much better than the Havana experience?  I really hate the thought of getting into our budget for next summers trip to Europe, which is the top of my bucket list. 

I haven’t sailed on MSC yet.We go on our first one next month. My expectations are very low but the prices were right. A lot of negative stuff about them unless you cruise in yacht club which we aren't doing.

if the one next month is not good the other 2 will probably get cancelled.

21 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

We have stayed in Havana Cabanas and Havana aft view balcony rooms. If there is availability and you can afford the upcharge and it is in your budget I would recommend one, especially a Cabana. You literally walk out of your canaba and are at the pool and bar in just a few steps. You wont get much, if any, privacy with a cabana so as long as you arent the amourous type on the balcony you wont have an issue. We only do Havana areas now on Vista class ships. 

We’d be booking an interior room in the Havana area. We are also considering MSC yacht club deluxe balcony, which is obviously more but less than the Havana Cabana. 

13 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

I haven’t sailed on MSC yet.We go on our first one next month. My expectations are very low but the prices were right. A lot of negative stuff about them unless you cruise in yacht club which we aren't doing.

We would be in the YC. 

23 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

I realize this is a Carnival thread but as MSC was mentioned wanted to comment - we have been on 10 MSC cruises from Interior to Balcony, never yacht club, and have nothing negative to say. 

52 minutes ago, cellfree said:

I realize this is a Carnival thread but as MSC was mentioned wanted to comment - we have been on 10 MSC cruises from Interior to Balcony, never yacht club, and have nothing negative to say. 

While the Havana area sounded very appealing, we ended up booking the yacht club with MSC. It was only a little over a thousand more to have a deluxe suite verses and interior Havana cabin. We figured with all the included perks with the yacht club the Carnival cruise would end up costing as much. We’re excited to try the suite life!  Also, sailing out of Port Canaveral is way more convenient than Miami! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

While the Havana area sounded very appealing, we ended up booking the yacht club with MSC. It was only a little over a thousand more to have a deluxe suite verses and interior Havana cabin. We figured with all the included perks with the yacht club the Carnival cruise would end up costing as much. We’re excited to try the suite life!  Also, sailing out of Port Canaveral is way more convenient than Miami! 

Enjoy the YC. Are you going on the MSC Seashore?

1 hour ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Enjoy the YC. Are you going on the MSC Seashore?

That was my follow up ? as well. I mentioned we have enjoyed 10 MSC cruises but never Yacht Club. Did find an Interior Yacht Club Cabin available on Seashore in March out of Port Canaveral. Looking forward to it. Altho before that we have Mardi Gras and Pride (Italy and TA) and Celebration to enjoy before that. We cruise between Carnival and MSC these days.

3 minutes ago, cellfree said:

That was my follow up ? as well. I mentioned we have enjoyed 10 MSC cruises but never Yacht Club. Did find an Interior Yacht Club Cabin available on Seashore in March out of Port Canaveral. Looking forward to it. Altho before that we have Mardi Gras and Pride (Italy and TA) and Celebration to enjoy before that. We cruise between Carnival and MSC these days.

We will be on Seashore in April for 11 days but in an inside cabin.😀

25 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

We will be on Seashore in April for 11 days but in an inside cabin.😀

We have been on Seashore and she is a gorgeous ship, don’t remember if we were inside or a balcony though, and for 11 days, wonderful, enjoy! We are booked March 31 for seven. 

Edited by cellfree

1 hour ago, cellfree said:

We have been on Seashore and she is a gorgeous ship, don’t remember if we were inside or a balcony though, and for 11 days, wonderful, enjoy! We are booked March 31 for seven. 

you enjoy that YC. Maybe one day we'll sail in one. 

Thanks for the reassuring words about the Seashore! We need them. lol

• Like 1