Luggage question

Babybooface

I’m sorry if this is a stupid question . We are staying in a hotel the night before our cruise. I was going to back our overnight stuff into a rucksack . When I get to port can I dropped off my rucksack in with the suitcases? To save me carrying it around as it will be bulky . Or is it only suitcases your allowed to drop off to be delivered to room? 

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

I’ve seen bulk packs of nappies, mini Christmas trees, paddle boards, car seats etc all dropped off with luggage.

As P&O no longer allow you to purchase large bottles of water on board like you could in the past, could I bring a couple of packs of 6 large bottles to drop off with my luggage. I can't risk drinking tap water and the water they will supply in tins tastes like tin.

There is no restriction on water/soft drinks as long as it’s for personal consumption, so go ahead.

I've now got an image in my head of a guest walking along the promenade deck and flogging water for ten bob a bottle from a cool bag.😅

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, TigerB said:

I've now got an image in my head of a guest walking along the promenade deck and flogging water for ten bob a bottle from a cool bag.😅

I’ve heard of it happen on a ship sailing for CCL! Had spirit miniatures in his pocket he was selling too!

• Haha 2

I’ve heard of it happen on a ship sailing for CCL! Had spirit miniatures in his pocket he was selling too!

Really? Some folk, eh!🙄

5 hours ago, molecrochip said:

I’ve seen bulk packs of nappies, mini Christmas trees, paddle boards, car seats etc all dropped off with luggage.

Can you bring an adult bike (not folding, not electric) if kept clean and in cabin, for use at ports? 

Edited by alpha whiskey

5 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Some cruise lines now accept them but insist the are stored on the same deck as medical - often secured next to the empty luggage cages.

That would be even better still! Even if there was an nominal additional charge for using the facility.

Will check with head office. Thank you. 

36 minutes ago, alpha whiskey said:

Can you bring an adult bike (not folding, not electric) if kept clean and in cabin, for use at ports? 

12 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Some cruise lines now accept them but insist the are stored on the same deck as medical - often secured next to the empty luggage cages.

I've seen crew members with them, so I don't see why they wouldn't.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TigerB said:

I've seen crew members with them, so I don't see why they wouldn't.

Can understand there could be problems with lifts and passing in corridors but if kept and stored in a luggage /hold area on a low deck, this could be ideal and have minimal impact on anyone.

5 hours ago, True Devonian said:

As P&O no longer allow you to purchase large bottles of water on board like you could in the past, could I bring a couple of packs of 6 large bottles to drop off with my luggage. I can't risk drinking tap water and the water they will supply in tins tastes like tin.

The tap water is fine, I use it all the time.  Just chill in your fridge. Better than the tinned stuff and perfectly safe. Some newer ships also have water fountains. 

19 minutes ago, alpha whiskey said:

Can understand there could be problems with lifts and passing in corridors but if kept and stored in a luggage /hold area on a low deck, this could be ideal and have minimal impact on anyone.

No more trouble for anyone than passing someone in a wheelchair on a corridor, so should be fine.

The only obstacle I can foresee is getting it on the actual ship at Southampton. It will be too big for the luggage belt no doubt so, unless they manhandle it, you may need to take it through security yourself. Personally speaking, if it was mine I would rather do the latter.

36 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

The tap water is fine, I use it all the time.  Just chill in your fridge. Better than the tinned stuff and perfectly safe. Some newer ships also have water fountains. 

I think True Devonian could be suggesting that the tap water is risky due to a medical reason, and therefore bottled water is required.

4 hours ago, alpha whiskey said:

On Britannia last month, there was a couple with a Brompton bike each. They were in the lift with us with the bikes as they were going out for the day, so they must have been kept in their cabin. We asked them whether they were folding bikes and they said that no, they were in 3 parts and they just assembled them. We then saw them as we were disembarking and they were still in three parts, no bigger than a medium sized case. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Palaceman said:

I think True Devonian could be suggesting that the tap water is risky due to a medical reason, and therefore bottled water is required.

I would assume that the desalinated water produced on a cruise ship will be far purer than any bottled spring water, any additives added to it will have to be of BP quality, rather than picked up as the water drained its way through rubbish dumps and polluted rivers, before being bottled and sold at ridiculously inflated prices.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

I would assume that the desalinated water produced on a cruise ship will be far purer than any bottled spring water, any additives added to it will have to be of BP quality, rather than picked up as the water drained its way through rubbish dumps and polluted rivers, before being bottled and sold at ridiculously inflated prices.

The funny thing about spring water is that it has been filtered through rock for several million years yet you need to sup it by two weeks next Wednesday.

• Like 4