First time MSC

21 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I heard the YC beach is rocky and nearly unusable now. I’m hoping this is not true. 

Photo #1 new sand put down on YC beach. Notice nice smooth soft sand to the right of the seaweed being 'caressed' by the surf.

Photo #2 one month later the soft sand has all washed away.

IMG_2112.thumb.jpg.e0305872cf6337c3007500d6aa72caa1.jpg

IMG_2324.thumb.jpg.57f2bc7c8bd423d842aaf3de534319d6.jpg

58 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Great, thanks!  It said we have to make reservations for the show. Is that correct?

Are you referring to show in a carousel lounge? If so, yes you need to make a reservation. I believe on ship price is $18 but on-line prior to cruise about $14.

You do reserve nightly shows in Main Lounge on App once on board but no cost involved. 

8 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Are you referring to show in a carousel lounge? If so, yes you need to make a reservation. I believe on ship price is $18 but on-line prior to cruise about $14.

You do reserve nightly shows in Main Lounge on App once on board but no cost involved. 

I guess I was referring to the carousel lounge, but just found out the Seaside doesn't have this.  Thank you.  I will book once we're onboard.  

58 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I heard the YC beach is rocky and nearly unusable now. I’m hoping this is not true. 

Sorry....but it's very true.  I was warned but couldn't believe how rocky it was.  There's another beach right across the road that's much smoother.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I guess I was referring to the carousel lounge, but just found out the Seaside doesn't have this.  Thank you.  I will book once we're onboard.  

Right, as I suggested earlier only Meraviglia, Grandiosa, class ships have the Carousel Lounge. Seaside does have a Lounge back of ship but no reservations/cost involved. What you will need to book once on board is time you want to attend Main Theatre show(s).

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

You would think they’d put their YC guests at their best beach. 

Nature made it rocky.  But they could just move the lifeguard, umbrellas and lounge chairs to the beach across the road.  I don't know why they don't.

• Like 1

The question really is, 'should the Yacht Club/ Ocean House area not have the finest manicured, imported soft sand from some exotic faraway paradise? There are no luxury cruise lines advertising 'beaches' to its well-heeled clientele. Family "fun" cruise lines, yes. Besides consider the safest times to wade in the surf.

March to August is sea lice/ jellyfish season.

May to October is seaweed season

February March and August September is red tide season.

So it appears the best time to swim in the Ocean is November December and January.

Presently, no self-respecting "interloper" would even try to sneak into such an unattractive, uninviting YC surf. And what 'fun' is that for our elitist experience ?

So the answer is YES. We of the YC desperately need a pristine, much desired, most attractive, undefiled, well-groomed, rose colored sandy beach in the world. Something worthy of our "exclusivity".

Edited by morpheusofthesea

16 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

One might think that would be the case. But found these 'guests' to be chair hogging their place in the shade.

IMG_1863.jpeg

Did you ask staff to remove the hog’s seed?

or did you do so yourself?

(Assuming the hogs were gone 30 minutes or more.)

2 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Did you ask staff to remove the hog’s seed?

or did you do so yourself?

(Assuming the hogs were gone 30 minutes or more.)

Just pointing out that chair hogging prime locations is rampant with all classes and venues. Which is why we upgrade ourselves to cabins with large balconies with cushioned lounges and reserved cabanas (many times for a fee for the week). Problem has been brought to our attention of "interlopers" that get up early (4 am) ( been told to us by One Pool Deck attendant) and remove reserved cabana sign and commandeer pergola for themselves. When the attendant arrives to prepare/towel our reserved pergola he told us his ordeal getting them to leave. His story garnered him another $20 tip for his efforts to secure our place in the shade.

Extra towels and towel animal are in appreciation we imagine. (photo)

IMG_2677.HEIC

Edited by morpheusofthesea

A poster on another social media site is presently on Allure OTS and posted this photo of someone who brought a large bicycle chain and chained their lounge so no one could use it. Titiled "Extreme Chair Hogging". The photographer arrived at the pool at 6:30 am and posted at 9:17 am when no one still arrived to use the lounger.

b8924e5251f12f144c2217de069b77dd_800.avif

8 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

A poster on another social media site is presently on Allure OTS and posted this photo of someone who brought a large bicycle chain and chained their lounge so no one could use it. Titiled "Extreme Chair Hogging". The photographer arrived at the pool at 6:30 am and posted at 9:17 am when no one still arrived to use the lounger.

b8924e5251f12f144c2217de069b77dd_800.avif 30.77 kB · 8 downloads

Damned shame they won’t let a person board with a “master key”!

image.png.ffe7e1550265b0d09d48d6b84262cf21.png

On 5/14/2023 at 7:34 AM, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I see we have to pay for some shows. What’s up with that?  Are they worth it?

We did not pay on Seaside. Just reserve a sit on one of the many touch screens throughout the ship. You can reserve all at once. There were one or two that you can only reserve once per cruise.

• Like 1