Marina Marriott sold?

cajunpepsi

There's been a lot of discussion about the transfer of this hotel. Rather than repeat it all try http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=302168 . Personally they kind of got me ripped at them as we were booked, through Marriott, pre- and post-cruise with them for our Volendam cruise. They'd honor the first booking, as they were still Marriott for the pre-cruise portion, but really didn't want to honor the post-cruise reservation. Marriott worked with us and moved us to other Marriott properties.

A group of investors purchased it. The same group that owns Hyatt Pier 66, Bahia Mar, Bacon Raton Resort and I think there are a few others.

The Tower at (the former) Mariott is closed. . We were told it suffered bad damage in the hurricane and is not safe for occupancy.

The new name for that property is The Grande. There will be renovations done there.

These new owners are investors; they are not hoteliers and customer satisfaction is not high on their list of priorities, it seems to me. We have been very loyal guests for many years at Hyatt Pier 66. We are very displeased with the change at that hotel....on many levels, including attitude. Of course, that is just my opinion. :)

Hi Sail,

I'm extremely disappointed to hear that HAL is not using Pier 66 as one of their pre-cruise hotels. We've stayed there before all of our cruises and had terrific stay.

I was speaking with our travel agent just last week to get some quotes of our Feb 2007 cruise and she could not quote the hotel because the rates weren't available.

Do you have any additional information about Pier 66? When HAL decided not to use them anymore? Is there a web announcement about it?

Anything you know would be very helpful.

PS The Zuiderdam Feb 10, 2007 is CHARTERED OUT***

Archived