ShipsTour

himan

Does anyone know if Princess are doing behind the scene ship tours this year in particular Sky Princess? Also are they doing models as I would like to get one of Sky. Thanks in advance.

23 minutes ago, himan said:

Does anyone know if Princess are doing behind the scene ship tours this year in particular Sky Princess? Also are they doing models as I would like to get one of Sky. Thanks in advance.

We just got off her and not sure on the full ship tour, but there was a culinary demo in the theatre which then did a walk through of the main galley on deck 6 between Estrella and Ceilo. 

There were models in the shops on deck 7

Edited by Devoncruiser82
  • Like 2

Thanks very much for that info Devon. We board her on 29 July and would like to do a tour but the culinary demo and galley tour will be interesting. Glad to hear there are models as we are trying to get models of all the ships we cruise on. Hope you had an enjoyable cruise.

2 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Currently on the Sky...I will try to remember to ask tomorrow. 

@Rick&JeannieI'm so sorry to bother you on the start of your trip but if you have time on your wonderful trip to report back.... Could you kindly find out how long the cruise director Paul will be on board until. Also if you could take a picture of the officer board I'd appreciate it immensely. Thank you in advance 

Just now, Jeter02 said:

@Rick&JeannieI'm so sorry to bother you on the start of your trip but if you have time on your wonderful trip to report back.... Could you kindly find out how long the cruise director Paul will be on board until. Also if you could take a picture of the officer board I'd appreciate it immensely. Thank you in advance 

I *believe* I heard that this was the last cruise for Paul. I do not know if that meant for just the Sky or "he's done" or something else.  I will try for a pic tomorrow (sea day).

• Thanks 2

Just now, Rick&Jeannie said:

I *believe* I heard that this was the last cruise for Paul. I do not know if that meant for just the Sky or "he's done" or something else.  I will try for a pic tomorrow (sea day).

Thanks for that insighted. When I was on the sky back in February I know Matt Barnard mentioned he was supposed to join mid-May. I don't join the sky until another 4 weeks, which I'm very excited for. I hope you have a fantastic cruise as you sail through Norway and Iceland!

21 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Currently on the Sky...I will try to remember to ask tomorrow. 

Thanks very much for asking Rick, I'm grateful for that as there's nothing worse than hoping something like that will go ahead only to find it isn't. Most disappointing but I suppose there's nothing can be done about it. Guess I'll just need to be content with the public areas! 🤣 Enjoy the rest of your cruise. I'm starting to watch the forum avidly for updates on Sky as it's counting down to end of July when we board.

@himan -- Do not give up hope.  I would strongly suggest that as soon as you can after boarding for your cruise, make your way to the Guest Services Desk and ask if they will be offering the Ultimate Ship's Tour..

While I have 100% confidence in the reports that we have read here in response to your query, I would be very surprised if Princess never reinstates this popular offering.  Also, I would be a bit surprised if they announced the reinstatement before doing so,

The truth can change.  You will lose very little time if you drop by and ask.  The upside is that you might be pleasantly surprised, and, if so, they might be able to enroll you immediately.

Regardless, have a great cruise.

• Like 4

On 5/15/2023 at 6:44 PM, XBGuy said:

@himan -- Do not give up hope.  I would strongly suggest that as soon as you can after boarding for your cruise, make your way to the Guest Services Desk and ask if they will be offering the Ultimate Ship's Tour..

While I have 100% confidence in the reports that we have read here in response to your query, I would be very surprised if Princess never reinstates this popular offering.  Also, I would be a bit surprised if they announced the reinstatement before doing so,

The truth can change.  You will lose very little time if you drop by and ask.  The upside is that you might be pleasantly surprised, and, if so, they might be able to enroll you immediately.

Regardless, have a great cruise.

Thanks very much for that sound advice. I never actually thought about asking guest services once onboard. I'll definitely do that because who knows I may just get lucky and they re-instate the tours on my cruise (Won't hold my breath though! 🤣) As you say they will most likely start them again as it is a nice little earner for them. I did one on Independence of the Seas and the wife would like to do one after me telling her about the various areas we visited.