Booking 3 months out - will dining/tours be full?

Hi, we’ve sailed Seabourn several times but first time on Regent. From some research today people are waiting up till 1am to book dining and tours a year in advance. That sounds crazy to me but it is what it is. So is it likely that we won’t get decent dining times in specialty restaurants and tours will be full? We plan to book tomorrow for a Med cruise in September. Thanks for your wisdom.

1 hour ago, casperthecat said:

Hi, we’ve sailed Seabourn several times but first time on Regent. From some research today people are waiting up till 1am to book dining and tours a year in advance. That sounds crazy to me but it is what it is. So is it likely that we won’t get decent dining times in specialty restaurants and tours will be full? We plan to book tomorrow for a Med cruise in September. Thanks for your wisdom.

You will not be able to make speciality restaurant reservations quite yet anyway, not for cruises leaving in September.

You can have your travel agent put a 7-day hold on a suite, then look at what shore excursions are available. If you don't like what you see, don't pay the deposit and let the hold lapse.

I joined a mid-June cruise at the end of March and was able to book excursions in every port. Not my first choice in a couple of ports, but there were still spaces. It may have been easier because I was only booking for one, not two.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SWFLAOK said:

Dinner reservations 3 months before sailing, at least for concierge level,  is what we normally book. Otherwise it's 75 days out.

Tours could already be wait listed 3 months out. We're gold members, and normally book concierge or penthouse, and we book our excursions year in advance. We missed out on an excursion to Pompei a year in advance, when I didn't try to book it until 6 hours after it became available with a concierge level cabin back in 2019.

2 minutes ago, SWFLAOK said:
17 minutes ago, SWFLAOK said:

Dinner reservations 3 months before sailing, at least for concierge level,  is what we normally book. Otherwise it's 75 days out.

Tours could already be wait listed 3 months out. We're gold members, and normally book concierge or penthouse, and we book our excursions year in advance. We missed out on an excursion to Pompei a year in advance, when I didn't try to book it until 6 hours after it became available with a concierge level cabin back in 2019.

So i don't think dining reservations will be available to book yet as September cruises are more than 90 days away.

We booked a cruise on Splendor seven months before sailing.  With our concierge cabin we were were able to get the times we wanted for dining when the reservations became available.  Your documents and on-line account clearly note the date.   The time for us was 8:00PM Eastern time which is a good change.  I used to wait up until midnight😩.  I have to admit that I was poised on the Regent site the minute the reservations opened.  There are such good options with Compass Rose, room service or the Terrace we weren’t really worried.  Also, a good option on sea days is to go to one of the specialty restaurants for lunch.   The more desirable excursions were totally booked since they open one year before sailing.  We took some less than desirable excursions.  We waitlisted on a few of them but they never cleared.  You can always arrange your own tours but depending on the destination we found it easy to just take a taxi to wherever we wanted to go.  
Good luck with your bookings and have a great time!

Although you can only advance book one slot for each speciality restaurant, you can visit the dining reservations desk on board to make further reservations (subject to availability).

Being flexible with timing and a willingness to share a table will increase your chances of further reservations during your cruise; although the main dining room, Compass Rose, which does not require reservations, has an extensive & varied menu every evening.

Since this is your first time on Regent it is worth scanning through the FAQ section of the Regent website where you will find much useful information, such as the following regarding restaurant bookings:

Dining reservations may be reserved online beginning 75 days before your cruise sails, or 90 days for guests eligible for our Concierge Amenities, at 8pm Eastern US Time. To do so, please create an account via the My Account section of our website and access the Dining Reservations link for your cruise via your Booked Cruises.
Guests may pre-book one dinner reservation in each specialty restaurant prior to sailing, then subsequent reservations may be made on board, space dependent. Multiple pre-booked reservations in each restaurant are permitted only on Grand Voyages, with one reservation allotted per voyage segment. Guests may contact the Maître D' once onboard to request additional reservations, if available. Compass Rose and Sette Mari At La Veranda do not require reservations

There are other sections about booking excursions, which you also may find useful

Hope you have an enjoyable cruise 😎

• Like 2

"Guests may pre-book one dinner reservation in each specialty restaurant prior to sailing..."

I was not aware that guests may book one dinner reservation in EACH specialty restaurant. 

If I remember correctly, there is only one slot that can be filled in for a specialty restaurant reservation. 

Am I misremembering?🤔