Electronic ticket

Lonedaddy

At the port.

SS no longer send the 'Silver Box' by mail or courier, that was how you received the luggage tags.

The cost of sending a great big and subsequently useless box always seemed an unnecessary waste to me, one good result of Covid.

1 minute ago, jollyjones said:

At the port.

SS no longer send the 'Silver Box' by mail or courier, that was how you received the luggage tags.

The cost of sending a great big and subsequently useless box always seemed an unnecessary waste to me, one good result of Covid.

Thanks, didn't know if they sent you the print at home tags.

9 minutes ago, dougburns said:

I did the simply hotel on my Dawn cruise in March. The SS rep at the hotel gave us our luggage tags the evening before loading up to go to the ship.

The same for me when I was on Spirit last month. The SS rep provided the tags at the hotel. This was at The Grand Bretagne in Athens.

SS doesn't embark til 2PM?  guess we have to find something to do in Southampton in the morning.

From electronic boarding document:

NEW EMBARKATION AND CHECK-IN PROCESS   Our check-in process has been relaxed and will be performed entirely shore-side, while embarkation will be staggered to ensure ample space for guests’ comfort and safety. • In order to complete our comprehensive sanitisation procedures and to best prepare for your journey on board, embarkation will start at 2pm and suites will be ready to welcome you in superlative comfort at 4pm at the latest. Unfortunately, no guest will be allowed to embark before 2pm. • You can enjoy our onboard public areas from 2pm onwards while your suite is being prepared. • As a precautionary measure, you will undergo a pre-embarkation health screening, which will include a health questionnaire and a touchless temperature check.

24 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

SS doesn't embark til 2PM?  guess we have to find something to do in Southampton in the morning.

From electronic boarding document:

NEW EMBARKATION AND CHECK-IN PROCESS   Our check-in process has been relaxed and will be performed entirely shore-side, while embarkation will be staggered to ensure ample space for guests’ comfort and safety. • In order to complete our comprehensive sanitisation procedures and to best prepare for your journey on board, embarkation will start at 2pm and suites will be ready to welcome you in superlative comfort at 4pm at the latest. Unfortunately, no guest will be allowed to embark before 2pm. • You can enjoy our onboard public areas from 2pm onwards while your suite is being prepared. • As a precautionary measure, you will undergo a pre-embarkation health screening, which will include a health questionnaire and a touchless temperature check.

I was on Spirit out of Athens last month.....we were allowed to board much earlier than 2pm. It may depend on the port but on my last 2-3 sailings I was on board before that 2pm time.  That embarkation process paragraph has been in place since the re-start happened in June 2021. Not sure if they are ever going to update it or not.

19 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I was on Spirit out of Athens last month.....we were allowed to board much earlier than 2pm. It may depend on the port but on my last 2-3 sailings I was on board before that 2pm time.  That embarkation process paragraph has been in place since the re-start happened in June 2021. Not sure if they are ever going to update it or not.

ok, I was confused because some form I filled out ask what time I would be at ship, and I think I put noon.  

1 hour ago, Lonedaddy said:

ok, I was confused because some form I filled out ask what time I would be at ship, and I think I put noon.  

Well, don't shoot the messenger if they make you wait though🙂. I can only give you information from my sailings. I don't know know if Southampton will be that early or not. 

12 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Well, don't shoot the messenger if they make you wait though🙂. I can only give you information from my sailings. I don't know know if Southampton will be that early or not. 

I'll use my binoculars from the royal leonardo across the street to see if people are going in !

We did a walking tour in Southampton that was wonderful. It was a group tour however, my husband and I were the entire group. It was £10 each 

Modern Southampton Walking Tour English - book through trip advisor 

• Thanks 1

In Barcelona last year we boarded at 1pm and In Lisbon in March it was noon and at 2pm they announced all suites were available.

Though I don’t doubt that the English would do things differently.