Plus vs. Premier Drink Package

ILgirl

7 minutes ago, ExploringTheGlobe said:

The $20 extra for the Premier package isn't just for drinks.  The Premier package also includes 2 specialty dinners ($39 each), additional wifi connections, the desserts, the fitness classes, door prizes, etc so this isn't an apples to apples comparison. 

That is accounted for in my overall analysis. I accounted for the price of our Specialty Dinner in my total. 

We may not cruise as often as we could because we want the most "Comfort and Convenience" when we do.  We book suites and get the best package we can afford to maximize our comfort and minimize the hassles of cruising.

For us who are gettting on these things are important.  For our next Princess cruise we will have an owner's suite and the Premier package and that will maximize our "Comfort and Convernience" which is a term by whwich our older cancer fighting neighbour lives by.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/18/2023 at 5:14 AM, Eglesbrech said:

The big difference in my opinion is with the wines provided. The wines on plus were not great at all, generic and no idea what you were being served other than the grape variety.  While you can pay up by the glass the decent ones were nearer the $20 mark.

You also need to be very specific when you order as if you just say for example Pinot noir, you will get the cheap and nasty one. Same with champagne by the glass, several times we asked for it and were served Prosecco which went back immediately wasting everyone’s time.

If you are not a wine drinker then plus is probably great for you.

This is true. If you only plan on getting a premium glass or two of wine, then paying the upcharge from plus is a good option. Another option is you can bring a bottle of wine per person on board with you And know it is something you will enjoy. There are corkage fees possibly on those bottles depending on where you drink them but much better value than paying for a premier package for the entire cruise If you are not planning on drinking a lot of fine wine.

7 minutes ago, roadster08 said:

If you only plan on getting a premium glass or two of wine, then paying the upcharge from plus is a good option.

I am not following. Why would anyone pay an extra $20 per person per day if they plan on getting only a couple glasses of premium wine? Wouldn't it be more beneficial to only pay the amount over $15 that is included with plus?

12 minutes ago, luv2kroooz said:

I am not following. Why would anyone pay an extra $20 per person per day if they plan on getting only a couple glasses of premium wine? Wouldn't it be more beneficial to only pay the amount over $15 that is included with plus?

And you can get a 25% discount if you buy a bottle of something not available by the glass. We often do this at dinner

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, luv2kroooz said:

Yes. That is what I intended. Buy plus and pay the upcharge for the 2 glasses of premium wine if that is all the premium wine you expect to drink for the entire cruise. I was also assuming you would drink an average amount of plus alcoholic drinks during the cruise. 

• Like 1

A quick question about the drink packages, I was wondering how many drinks can you order at one time? I was thinking that if I order a Coke Zero and two bottles of water, would I be able to get the three items or would they just give me the Coke and a bottle of water?

Also, if you ask for a Coke Zero, it would be in a glass, but is there a chance that you can get a can instead of a glass? I was watching on YouTube and someone mentioned that if you personally go to a bar and ask for a can instead of glass, that they would give it to you at no added cost.

1 minute ago, akaCruiser said:

A quick question about the drink packages, I was wondering how many drinks can you order at one time? I was thinking that if I order a Coke Zero and two bottles of water, would I be able to get the three items or would they just give me the Coke and a bottle of water?

Also, if you ask for a Coke Zero, it would be in a glass, but is there a chance that you can get a can instead of a glass? I was watching on YouTube and someone mentioned that if you personally go to a bar and ask for a can instead of glass, that they would give it to you at no added cost.

With the ackages you are stuck with “gun” sodas which are much cheaper for the line. If you can talk them into a can good for you. 

4 minutes ago, memoak said:

With the ackages you are stuck with “gun” sodas which are much cheaper for the line. If you can talk them into a can good for you. 

So back to the first question, how many drinks can order at a time, if it is non-alcoholic vs. alcoholic? 

10 minutes ago, akaCruiser said:

So back to the first question, how many drinks can order at a time, if it is non-alcoholic vs. alcoholic? 

I have never had a problem getting water and drinks at the same time. If they won’t give you multiple waters just walk to the next bar

23 minutes ago, world_traveler_et said:

I have the Premier drinks package and are sodas included from a fountain gun or cans?  Reading other threads some people mentioned cans were included in the soda package but I am not sure if that is the case for the plus and premier packages. 

Officially, my understanding that sodas will be in a glass. I've heard that if you go to the bar and ask for a soda in a can they will give it to you for free, otherwise a can is usually an extra charge with the drink package offering a discount for the cost of the can vs. glass.

On 5/30/2023 at 7:25 AM, memoak said:

Currently on the Princess website:

"What is Included

• The package includes all, fountain sodas, and cans of soda and juices (excluding the fresh juice bar), mocktails, and smoothies as per the menu."

49 minutes ago, Nightowl11 said:

Currently on the Princess website:

"What is Included

• The package includes all, fountain sodas, and cans of soda and juices (excluding the fresh juice bar), mocktails, and smoothies as per the menu."

have you got a link please?

2 minutes ago, gah_cruise said:

so that is for the soda package and not Plus/Premier?

Yes that is for the Soda package that list CANS as an option for soda.  Here is the fine print for the Plus and Premier ... but I haven't read through that so I am not sure if it mentions cans or not.  I would think it would since the packages build up from each other.  https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/plus-premier-cruise-packages/terms-and-conditions/

On 6/4/2023 at 9:52 AM, Nightowl11 said:

Yes that is for the Soda package that list CANS as an option for soda.  Here is the fine print for the Plus and Premier ... but I haven't read through that so I am not sure if it mentions cans or not.  I would think it would since the packages build up from each other.  https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/plus-premier-cruise-packages/terms-and-conditions/

Screenshot 2023-06-05 103643.jpg

• Like 1