Coral Princess B734 balcony cabin

Pro - your views are both to port and to aft. I wonder how much use the balcony will get during an ocean crossing, and the balcony is a bit open to the weather. Two steps and you also have access to a more protected aft deck which is not often frequented. Possible banging of the door by the few that use the back deck.

Aft lifts are a great way to get around Coral, so even though it is as aft as it gets, you can get around the ship easily enough. Only possible con I see is being on the end of the see-saw if a Tasman crossing is a bit bumpy. That isn't an issue for us.

Thank arxcards.

The up and down movement  was a concern particularly on this crossing, but it's a bargain, and I'm a Yorkshire lass. 😁 May not be able to score it as it means refaring  or rebooking my existing inside cabin.

Anjo.

• Like 1

Coral is a very stable ship. We had an aft cabin on one of our cruises, not right at the very back though, and went through some fairly bouncy seas on that cruise without feeling the motion too badly.

However there have been posts about serious creaking in the aft section of Coral recently. I think it affects the starboard side more than the port side though. 

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

However there have been posts about serious creaking in the aft section of Coral recently. I think it affects the starboard side more than the port side though. 

We had an aft cabin on port side and did not hear the noise in our cabin. It was very loud near the aft lifts on the starboard side.

30 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I can attest to that.  There was constant loud clanging and creaking on the starboard side right by the aft lifts last month.  Luckily our cabin was almost at the end of the hallway but we felt sorry for anyone with a cabin right near the elevator lobby.  I would never have lasted one day, much less 28 days, in one of those cabins even with ear plugs.

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

A lift counterweight on the loose?

If it was they should have just closed down the lift.  As you said, those are great lifts to take.  They are never crowded so one out of service wouldn't have inconvenienced passengers.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, capriccio said:

If it was they should have just closed down the lift.  As you said, those are great lifts to take.  They are never crowded so one out of service wouldn't have inconvenienced passengers.

And the other great thing about Coral is that the MDRs and the buffet are forward so you can move through the ship from the aft lifts on every deck. We often used the aft lifts down to deck 5 then walked through to midships for the Good Spirits Bar or the MDR. And it was straight up to get to the Sanctuary. 😊