CoVid on Emerald P

Mike45LC

11 hours ago, eclue said:

Yep...look weird because rubber gloves will do you absolutely no good...and they never did unless used properly by a medical professional.

Ahhh, the ubiquitous magic, sanitizing rubber gloves.  Put on a pair and wear them all day while touching multiple surfaces and prepare food for hundreds of guests with no worries.  (Sarcasm alert)

I wish ignorant workers and supervisors would realize that rubber gloves only serve to keep the wearers hands clean and do nothing to prevent the spread of disease but only serve as cross contamination vectors when touching multiple surfaces. 

Grab a drink and sit and watch how many surfaces those food workers touch and see if they change those gloves before handling food.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JoRoy218 said:

We were on the Regal in Jan., DH developed mild symptoms, used one of our home tests, unfortunately +. Medical notified, tested again, another +. Fortunately I remained neg. They were going to move me to another cabin but ship was at 100%. He had to be isolated for 5 days but said I could leave cabin with mask on. Re: those little tables, we never got one and had to make lots of phone calls just to have piles of food dishes removed in red bags. Actually had to put some out on balcony there were so many. Nobody would take responsibility for removal. It seemed there was no protocol in place. Very frustrating. He did turn negative on day 5 which was the last full day of the cruise. We stayed busy all day.  We’re scheduled for CA Coastal in a few weeks, just a bit anxious about this! We try to stay prepared, fully boosted. And yes hubby was given OBC for the 5 days of isolation. And the travel insurance fully reimbursed us for expenses on board for medical. 

You definitely need a table by the door to put these dishes. You should not have to

keep them in the cabin.  Put them outside the door in the hall….they WILL pick them up.  It is RS that picks up the dishes. The cabin steward also removes dishes outside the door.

You can also ask that the huge, heavy dishes be combined or consolidated, so you don’t have some many dishes at one time. Hence, 2 eggs on one giant plate! 😳

A call to GS should have corrected this.

The Regal should have this procedure down pat by now.  

Stay safe on the next cruise.

4 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Just reporting what I heard.  Spoke to a passenger on the Emerald.  She said she ran into a doctor.  Her question:  “Was there Covid on board the 7 day coastal.”

His reply: “None”…..at least none reported.”  

Don’t think he was telling the truth. 😮

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Don’t think he was telling the truth. 😮

A prevarication could come back to haunt him. May well have been onboard, but passengers fearing what might happen they self-report, or mild symptoms mistaken for a cold, so neither gets reported, totally believable. Crew screening these days? Don't know.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

You definitely need a table by the door to put these dishes. You should not have to

keep them in the cabin.  Put them outside the door in the hall….they WILL pick them up.  It is RS that picks up the dishes. The cabin steward also removes dishes outside the door.

You can also ask that the huge, heavy dishes be combined or consolidated, so you don’t have some many dishes at one time. Hence, 2 eggs on one giant plate! 😳

A call to GS should have corrected this.

The Regal should have this procedure down pat by now.  

Stay safe on the next cruise.

Appreciate your response. It was a total “cluster.” I can’t tell you how many different departments I spoke to, mostly to RS, Mgr of RS, cabin steward…nobody would take responsibility.  Was also told by all “Do not put dishes outside door, they have to be red-bagged.”  I’m an RN and understand infection control. Certainly don’t want to contribute to problem. Our terribly overworked cabin steward frequently picked up dishes, red bagged all WITHOUT  wearing gloves. 😳 Can’t understand why it was not more organized after all this time dealing with Covid. Room Service did pick up on occasion.  Was the first time on a cruise I felt depressed and trapped, 

fortunately my DH did well.  After he was diagnosed, we were scheduled to be in Aruba in 2 days, I researched flights to get home, that’s all I wanted to do! Was told by Medical that this was a public health emergency and would not be allowed to leave ship.  Sorry…the frustration lingers.

I can understand both sides.

10 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

A prevarication could come back to haunt him. May well have been onboard, but passengers fearing what might happen they self-report, or mild symptoms mistaken for a cold, so neither gets reported, totally believable. Crew screening these days? Don't know.

Even though we’d all like to know the facts, it’s not appropriate for the ship Physician to discuss numbers of Covid nor anything else about passenger’s health. Of course, he should be relating this info to ship Captain and if elevated, should recommend passengers wear masks. We all know how that would go over. Minimal compliance. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JoRoy218 said:

Even though we’d all like to know the facts, it’s not appropriate for the ship Physician to discuss numbers of Covid nor anything else about passenger’s health. Of course, he should be relating this info to ship Captain and if elevated, should recommend passengers wear masks. We all know how that would go over. Minimal compliance. 

The reason for my post #9. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

I still see people walking around outside or alone in their car wearing a mask.  I always wonder what the science behind their decision is.

She Who Must Be Obeyed said it could be for warmth during the winter months, but when it's 80 degrees.

Im pretty fair-completed and skin cancer runs in my family. 

I wear sun block like it’s my job but a physical barrier (like a mask or long sleeves, long pants, etc.) will always be better than sun block. So, sometimes when I’m outside I’ll wear my mask even if there’s no one around and I’m already wearing a sun hat and sun block. 

I love the sun but the sun hates me. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, msmarian said:

Im pretty fair-completed and skin cancer runs in my family. 

I wear sun block like it’s my job but a physical barrier (like a mask or long sleeves, long pants, etc.) will always be better than sun block. So, sometimes when I’m outside I’ll wear my mask even if there’s no one around and I’m already wearing a sun hat and sun block. 

I love the sun but the sun hates me. 

interesting non-covid reason. I trust you avoid the Melanoma Deck when cruising.😁

I tan easily but don't burn, but still cover up or use sunscreen. 

No use letting my skin turn to leather as I get older.

On 5/17/2023 at 7:41 PM, Sweetrosie said:

Off crown last  friday (may 12).  About 30  onboard with covid.  We were + by Monday....

We were on the same sailing as you. Five out of our party of eight (including my 91 year old mother) contracted Covid but had no symptoms until a few days after disembarking. My guess is that there were a lot more than 30 on board who ended up with the virus.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, JoRoy218 said:

Appreciate your response. It was a total “cluster.” I can’t tell you how many different departments I spoke to, mostly to RS, Mgr of RS, cabin steward…nobody would take responsibility.  Was also told by all “Do not put dishes outside door, they have to be red-bagged.”  I’m an RN and understand infection control. Certainly don’t want to contribute to problem. Our terribly overworked cabin steward frequently picked up dishes, red bagged all WITHOUT  wearing gloves. 😳 Can’t understand why it was not more organized after all this time dealing with Covid. Room Service did pick up on occasion.  Was the first time on a cruise I felt depressed and trapped, 

fortunately my DH did well.  After he was diagnosed, we were scheduled to be in Aruba in 2 days, I researched flights to get home, that’s all I wanted to do! Was told by Medical that this was a public health emergency and would not be allowed to leave ship.  Sorry…the frustration lingers.

I can understand both sides.

As a side note, there is a place on the app to request for room service dishes be picked up.  While I’ve seen my share of dirty dishes being left in the hallway and someone that is in/on a mobility device not able to get around them or someone tripping over them, I think it might be acceptable in the case of CoVid where the staff may not want to enter your room.  

50 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

As a side note, there is a place on the app to request for room service dishes be picked up.  While I’ve seen my share of dirty dishes being left in the hallway and someone that is in/on a mobility device not able to get around them or someone tripping over them, I think it might be acceptable in the case of CoVid where the staff may not want to enter your room.  

Yes, RS has employees to do the pickup.  Hence, the reason for the tables to drop off food and pickup dirty dishes.