Pick up luggage At MIA ?

SavageCruiser

I am not asking about the Luggage Valet service.

We booked our hotel through RCCL for the Miami Airport Hotel. We had planned on dropping our luggage off and then going down to south beach for the day, then going back for 3pm checkin. However, I just found out that this airport hotel doesn't store luggage before checkin.

Are there any other services That I can use?

Yikes, that hotel is like a prison from the 1960's.  I've had the 'pleasure' of staying there twice.  Airport 'view' window, and the lovely bath.   Both rooms I had were identical.  Weird smell too.  

No photo description available.

Edited by rockmom
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2023 at 7:47 PM, rockmom said:

Yikes, that hotel is like a prison from the 1960's.  I've had the 'pleasure' of staying there twice.

I've never understood why none of the major hotel corporations ever bought the place, renovated it and turned it into a great airport hotel. Very odd for a big city airport to not have a name brand hotel.

Edited by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH

56 minutes ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

I've never understood why none of the major hotel corporations ever bought the place, renovated it and turned it into a great airport hotel. Very odd for a big city airport to not have a name brand hotel.

So the history is that it was built as part of the airport a zillion years ago (1960) and is owned by the county.   Hence the 'county jail' vibe, lol  

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 7:47 PM, rockmom said:

Yikes, that hotel is like a prison from the 1960's.  I've had the 'pleasure' of staying there twice.  Airport 'view' window, and the lovely bath.   Both rooms I had were identical.  Weird smell too.  

I agree!! It is a horrible hotel and I would not stay there again if it was for free.  I would cancel and book elsewhere.