Rotterdam: When and Where Does She Feel Crowded

MUD

3 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Please tell me how a few dishes in the hallway are a bigger obstacle than service cart, laundry or other trash bags left in the hall by the staff?

The room service trays are wider than the carts in the passageways, and I'll repeat, the stewards are very close by to move any carts that are difficult to pass---and they do, which is consderate. 

I can get by the room carts and laundry carts, although getting by the laundry bags hanging beyond the sides of the carts can be impossible. I can't get by the room service trays, and sometimes have to resort to banging on the cabin door with my cane to get people to bring their tray back inside. 

If you don't have room for the tray on your desk, and can't call room service to retrieve the tray, then leave it in the shower where it is out of everyone's way! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, seaoma said:

I have to say that on my last 2 cruises, that card has not shown up. We have called to have our dishes picked up and they have asked us to place them outside the room every time. We questioned them about this and they reiterated that we should put them outside the room.

I didn't like it, but I did as we were told. 

There you go.  Some people just refuse to believe that's the policy.  Same for every cruise line in the Carnival corporation.  I've also never got any card with directions.

BTW if people with scooters were concerned about hallway access they wouldn't leave their scooter in the hallway.

I’m just trying to figure out how — if there’s not any room in the cabin for it — where was it while you were in your cabin consuming what you had asked them to bring to you?  🤔

Just have some consideration for others and let Room Service come and pick it up.  Dumping it in the corridor is just poor form.  It would be harder for me to get it out the door and on the floor than to have it magically disappear by the time I come back to my room.  No one wants to see your orts!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, RuthC said:

The room service trays are wider than the carts in the passageways, and I'll repeat, the stewards are very close by to move any carts that are difficult to pass---and they do, which is consderate. 

I can get by the room carts and laundry carts, although getting by the laundry bags hanging beyond the sides of the carts can be impossible. I can't get by the room service trays, and sometimes have to resort to banging on the cabin door with my cane to get people to bring their tray back inside. 

If you don't have room for the tray on your desk, and can't call room service to retrieve the tray, then leave it in the shower where it is out of everyone's way! 

Are you telling us that the tray is wider than a service cart?  I'm not sure that's the case.

12 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

I’m just trying to figure out how — if there’s not any room in the cabin for it — where was it while you were in your cabin consuming what you had asked them to bring to you?  🤔

Just have some consideration for others and let Room Service come and pick it up.  Dumping it in the corridor is just poor form.  It would be harder for me to get it out the door and on the floor than to have it magically disappear by the time I come back to my room.  No one wants to see your orts!

Really?  Maybe I was eating on the balcony.  (I'm not leaving it on the balcony.)  Maybe I balanced the plate on my lap or maybe the tray was on a chair and I used the small chair and my DW used the desk.  In any case, there isn't room in the cabin for the tray.  I'll put it outside, just like I'm told.  

Maybe part of the problem with scooters is that people have them and don't have an accessible cabin.  perhaps HAL shouldn't allow scooter unless you have an accessible cabin.  The scooters shouldn't be left in the hall because they are very wide.

11 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Really?  Maybe I was eating on the balcony.  (I'm not leaving it on the balcony.)  Maybe I balanced the plate on my lap or maybe the tray was on a chair and I used the small chair and my DW used the desk.  In any case, there isn't room in the cabin for the tray.  I'll put it outside, just like I'm told.  

Yep.  And maybe the Room Service guy said “I’ll just place this tray on the chair for you.”  😂

• Like 3

On 5/25/2023 at 6:27 PM, Ipeeinthepools said:

Maybe part of the problem with scooters is that people have them and don't have an accessible cabin.  perhaps HAL shouldn't allow scooter unless you have an accessible cabin.  The scooters shouldn't be left in the hall because they are very wide.

I never leave mine in the hall. Not all are ‘very wide’. I have always had a regular balcony cabin and it fits in just fine. I leave the accessible cabin for those who really need the features in them.  

• Like 1

In response to this scooter problem 1st of all as a scooter user I didn't need a scooter until I injured my back moving luggage and would not have booked an accessible cabin. And scooters are left out at night to be charged and returned very early in the morning. I had no trouble getting by dishes on the scooter and sometimes even the carts. I was able to park the and walk pass it with no problem so I cannot see where walking pass a scooter even with a cane is a problem. I might add without that scooter I would not have been able to maneuver the ship It was a God sent !!!.