Is Aurea worth it?

Lbsahm

We sailed on one of the first Divinia cruises after the Covid reopening. Aurea included, at that time, a massage for both passengers. Now it seems MSC has removed that benefit and replaced it with an amazing 10% spa discount. So my question is, is Aurea worth it? In my eyes it doesn't seem to offer much value other than anytime dining. 

Only you can judge what it's worth to you. 

There was a previous thread which discussed this recently regarding the new Aurea experience. Many said they didn't feel it was. 

We were uncertain if it was still worth it and booked Fantastica for our last cruise. After a few days sailing, we decided that it is worth paying the extra for Aurea.

Edited by CruisingFox27

We upgraded to Aurea from Fantastica to get access to the top deck solarium. With reports of long lines at bars I wanted an area I can be out in the sun and gets drinks without the hassle of long lines. Find a waiter who is going  to be there all week and tip early and often. Thermal suite will be ok, priority boarding is nice, and we eat early so mychoice dining didn't really matter.

6 hours ago, Lbsahm said:

In my eyes it doesn't seem to offer much value other than anytime dining. 

Spa access, top deck solarium, priority boarding, mychoice dining. But the thing is that the best cabins of the ships are only available with Aurea, so if you want to get one of these you have no choice. 

If it is worth it that only you can know. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

My go-to is YC but if I can’t do that for some reason then Aurea is the next best thing. I have a need to have a retreat from the masses. I can’t speak for others but that alone is worth it to me. 

We haven't experienced MSC yet, what retreat from the masses do you get with Aurea?  Do they have a pool deck, restaurant, and lounge like the YC does?  Is the spa busy with so many people having access?  What percentage of cabins are YC?

16 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We haven't experienced MSC yet, what retreat from the masses do you get with Aurea?  Do they have a pool deck, restaurant, and lounge like the YC does?  Is the spa busy with so many people having access?  What percentage of cabins are YC?

I don't know the exact number but I would guess less than 100 cabins combined on the ship are Aurea. The top deck Solarium is a large private area on deck 19 with many loungers in the sun and what appears comfortable seating in the shade. It also has its own bar and hot tubs. 

28 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

On the ships I've sailed with MSC (Seashore, Meraviglia, Seaside/June) Aurea had a private sun deck with loungers and a bar (Seashore).  If in YC, you could access this area as well.  Though there was no pool, there was a spa and plenty of shaded loungers.  It wasn't crowded at all.  On Meraviglia, there was no bar or spa but there were loungers and shaded areas and drink service.  The masses I'm referring to are on the pool deck and water park areas.  They are very family friendly ships with lots to do...water parks, pools, slided etc.  Neither of the spas on either ship were crowded when we visited.  The Aurea experience does not have it's own restaurant but you can dine when you wish so there was a separate entrance to the MDR roped off for Aurea guests.  And based on Youtube videos, the Aurea suites are very nice, some with whirlpool tubs on the balcony.  I have no idea what the % of YC cabins is on either ship but if I had to guess, I would say +/- 10%.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches