TxTeach79's Pride LIVE 5/28: Post Drydock European Adventure!

TxTeach79

Amsterdam is amazing.  I loved canal boat tour, Van Gogh Museum, Rijksmuseum, Anne Frank's house.  I was there a number of years ago before a certain weed was legal in the USA.  Coffee shops were awesome.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, cyntil8ing said:

Either way, enjoy Amsterdam! It was my favorite port stop. Take a canal cruise. We loved https://flagshipamsterdam.com You can pay on board; you don't need tickets in advance. Boats leave about every 15 minutes.

We loved the canal tour we did (we went with lovers.nl/en). Afterward we went to a cafe by a canal and had a snack of Dutch cheese and Heineken. One word of caution: watch for the bicyclists and obey the crossing signals. Most are respectful of pedestrians and traffic signals, but some think that bicyclists rule.

• Like 3

Ok. Bilbao tomorrow. Headed to San Sebastián. We meet at the Taj at 9:45, which is nice. Sleep in a little. B has been in the room since 3:30, that’s a level of sleeping in I can’t process. She’s gonna be insanely fresh. 555 tomorrow night! LFG! 

but once we get back, we need to asses the Amsterdam situation. What a wild ride. 

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Ok. Bilbao tomorrow. Headed to San Sebastián. We meet at the Taj at 9:45, which is nice. Sleep in a little. B has been in the room since 3:30, that’s a level of sleeping in I can’t process. She’s gonna be insanely fresh. 555 tomorrow night! LFG! 

but once we get back, we need to asses the Amsterdam situation. What a wild ride. 

Wait…..B has been in the room for the rest of the day at 3:30pm your time….sleeping for most of that time until morning?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

@TxTeach79....are you taking these pics with your phone?

I have discovered that the phones today take amazing pics, easier to carry around than a big camera IMO.

That's generally true if you are just taking basic shots and looking at them on your phone or a computer. But if you want to someday print a larger picture (11x14 +) to hang on a wall then you will really notice the difference between a smartphone with a digital zoom and a DSLR with a long zoom. Pictures I took of the Sawyer Glacier calving, a harbor seal and her pup on an iceberg or an eagle in her nest at the top of a tall tree just can't be done with a smartphone. You'll notice that the photogs on your ship are not taking portraits using a smartphone, just like wedding photographers don't use smart phones either.

But for casual pictures, I will use my smartphone a lot.

DSC_0669.thumb.JPG.6d70e9132a4051cf2fb79730898c36a0.JPG

DSC_0688.thumb.JPG.27f273a4868ea70907e9e788bc3ff69b.JPG

DSC_0727.thumb.JPG.ce3c1b2ab46fd337879c66e0f0205fe1.JPG

DSC_0661.thumb.JPG.11a698249052daa337518090cf5ebd2f.JPG

• Like 8

Thanks, @cyntil8ing, for those links. It’s interesting, because there’s this nugget on the whats in port site…. 

IMG_2036.thumb.jpeg.9daad32503c50581a3f994fa059a3f41.jpeg

But I’m not sure of the recency of this info because this week alone we have Costa, HAL, NCL, and RCI ships scheduled for the main port in Amsterdam. We’ll see. 

• Like 3