Transfer/Gift of FCC

I had to cancel four consecutive cruises and received four FCC's.  I have applied three of them to two 2023 previously booked cruises.  There are still balances left on those two cruises but I cannot (supposedly) split the one remaining FCC between those two cruises.  I was told I must use the remaining FCC toward a cruise departing by May 12, 2024.  I cannot apply the FCC to two cruises I already have booked which depart after May 12, 2024.  I do not think I can use the FCC.  Must I forfeit the $870.30 or can I give it to my brother as a gift/transfer for his spring 2024 cruise?

19 minutes ago, secondtime said:

I had to cancel four consecutive cruises and received four FCC's.  I have applied three of them to two 2023 previously booked cruises.  There are still balances left on those two cruises but I cannot (supposedly) split the one remaining FCC between those two cruises.  I was told I must use the remaining FCC toward a cruise departing by May 12, 2024.  I cannot apply the FCC to two cruises I already have booked which depart after May 12, 2024.  I do not think I can use the FCC.  Must I forfeit the $870.30 or can I give it to my brother as a gift/transfer for his spring 2024 cruise?

Some can be transferred while other cant.

You need to call Royal to find out your options 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

15 minutes ago, sandy toes said:

Another option, you can purchase the cruise for them as a gift, use the FCC, and then they pay you for the cruise, all, part or whatever you decide. That does work. 

FCC's are tied to the name on the FCC that must match the passenger name unless it us one of yhe FCC's that can be transferred.  What you suggested is not possible. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2023 at 12:18 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

FCC's are tied to the name on the FCC that must match the passenger name unless it us one of yhe FCC's that can be transferred.  What you suggested is not possible. 

Only thing, it did work for us. We bought a cruise purchased by someone else with their FCC. They did not want to go and so they added me, waited a week, and then exited the cruise, and I added my granddaughter. I did that cruise back in March. Someone at Royal told them what and how to do it and we did just as they were told.